Thread: OWB holster recommendation

Feedback Score
    29 (87%)

OWB holster recommendation

I am looking for a rds and light compatible holster to put on a lo pro battle belt setup. I really liked the 7ts ALS Safariland I have, but it's not RDS compatible. The RDS Safariland holsters are $$$$, and I was hoping to find something a bit cheaper. Has anyone tried the Blackhawk L2C holster (https://blackhawk.com/t-series-l2c/)? It looks good, but I am wary of getting junk.

Do I just need to get a Safariland, or are there other lower cost options? I am a civilian and most of my training is focused on AIWB. THIS holster would be used for training, classes, and the remote chance of some sort of fantasy shtf scenario where I wear my first line belt outside of my garage and range.

Edit: ideally it would fit both a g19 and a g34 with RMR and light.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Nocaster; 05-17-20 at 11:46.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Tenicor holsters have worked very well for me.

Feedback Score
    If you get the Safariland 6390RDS is the current standard for a light-bearing RDS holster with Level 3 (SLS/ALS) retention. If you want just the ALS then the 6395 would be your friend. I have one of each for work. The are releasing the 7TS series for light bearing and RDS this year. They were supposed to be out already but through production delays and COVID I can't find any. But one for the G34, and your light equipped G19 will lock in just fine. Buy good stuff once.

Blackhawk has a long way to go before they earn my business again. They used to be the Sh!t, but rapidly fell to airsoft tier as other companies passed them up.
    Last edited by Vandal; 05-18-20 at 04:33.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I tried for a long time to find a way around spending the $$$ on a Safariland for an overt carry/battle belt holster and eventually realized that, no, there really wasn’t any other choice, at least not a proven one that had the combination of features I personally was looking for. So I recently took the plunge on a model 6360. Luckily I merely hemmed and hawed for a while before buying vs buying a bunch of cheaper stopgap options that end up totaling more than the product I should have just bought in the first place.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Safariland. Buy cheap, buy twice

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    +1 for Safariland, I wouldn't mess with anything else.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    Safariland. Buy cheap, buy twice
    I actually have a second 6360 on order as well so I actually bought expensive twice, heh.

Feedback Score
    29 (87%)
    Thank you all for confirming what I already knew in the back of my head. I will skip the Blackhawk and get the g34 safariland.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk