Thread: Ammo price tracker tool is UP!

Feedback Score

Ammo price tracker tool is UP!

Thank you to everyone who provided input to my intital question! (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...84#post2832484)

Over a month later, it's done! (or at least the first version of it.)

If anyone has a minute, would you be so kind as to take a look and give me some feedback on how I can improve the site? Features, content, layout, etc.
    The site is at https://ammotrax.com/ if anyone wants to have a peek.

Thanks!

UPDATE: adding new vendors, site may not sort from low to high while this is going on.
    Last edited by madmax_fal; 05-17-20 at 14:32.

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)

Ammo price tracker tool is UP!

I like the quick search for a caliber and then narrowing keyword search on the populated list.

The devil of course is shipping cost. If shipping is part of the search for “true cost” you have a winner. Unless I missed something, it seems I still need to visit every site and compare shipping to find the actual best price.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post

I like the quick search for a caliber and then narrowing keyword search on the populated list.

The devil of course is shipping cost. If shipping is part of the search for “true cost” you have a winner. Unless I missed something, it seems I still need to visit every site and compare shipping to find the actual best price.
    Thank you! Glad to hear that.

Shipping cost is hard to calculate because it isn't a set value with all vendors and depends on multiple factors. Tax is another variable I can't control. However, all the vendors listed have reasonable shipping costs by industry standards, so hopefully it will be useful in the mean time. Ultimately, I do plan on adding shipping calculations, but it will take some time and possibly more developers.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Any future plans to make this an app? An app would be nice, especially if there's notifications with price drops and sales. I'm not tech savvy enough to know if it's possible or not.

Feedback Score
    Congrats on building this out. I have been using Ammoseek, but I will definitely take a look at yours and give some feedback.

Feedback Score
    Is there a way to search for other calibers not listed at the top?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    IPhone 11 Pro Max
    Portrait cuts off the left portion of the ammo descriptions.

Landscape the Ammotrax is cutoff and the Contact us is cut off in the top banner.

Links work.

22lr category starts letting 12ga and some 223/5.56 stuff in at the end. (Oh, and it let’s Remington thunderbolts be shown! Got to fix that!)

Looks like you have put a lot of work in the site, thank you for doing this.