Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hk vp9

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Hk vp9

If there’s a thread on this already I apologize as I couldn’t find one that was fairly recent. What’s the general consensus on the vp9 these days? Especially In comparison to Glock. I know Glock has the better aftermarket support and etc, just looking to try things out. I’ve shot plenty of glocks and the P30 and like them, just have no experience on the vp9. On paper it seems like the better mouse trap for the money (i don’t mind a stock Glock, however I pretty much always replace the trigger and do some grip work so price is closer the vp9 in the end). Thanks !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It was one of the ones I fired when looking to upgrade EDC from a 1911. I ended up with Smith M&p9, but only because of the paddle magazine release. Now you can get the VP9-B with the push button.

VP-9 is excellent. The trigger is as good as any in a striker gun. Ergonomics and sights are inherently useful. Build quality inspires confidence.

I liked it much better than Glock or Springfield XD 9mm.

You can get 15 or 17 round flush fit, or 20 rounds magazines. No reason to replace sights or trigger; she's ready to fight out of the box.

I'm quite happy with the Smith. But if I were thrown into the L.A. Riots, I sure wouldn't mind rolling with the HK.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    It was one of the ones I fired when looking to upgrade EDC from a 1911. I ended up with Smith M&p9, but only because of the paddle magazine release. Now you can get the VP9-B with the push button.

VP-9 is excellent. The trigger is as good as any in a striker gun. Ergonomics and sights are inherently useful. Build quality inspires confidence.

I liked it much better than Glock or Springfield XD 9mm.

You can get 15 or 17 round flush fit, or 20 rounds magazines. No reason to replace sights or trigger; she's ready to fight out of the box.

I'm quite happy with the Smith. But if I were thrown into the L.A. Riots, I sure wouldn't mind rolling with the HK.
    I agree with Uni on this one. Gun is awesome and I wish I had one with the new RDS capability. Great gun and GREAT mags which are part of the reliability equation. Buy with confidence.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Thanks, wonder why they’re not more popular these days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a full sized VP9 and a VP9SK, both were my carry guns for different periods of time, although I just transitioned from the SK back to Glock recently. I’m going to the keep the HKs though as they are good, proven guns and thus worth keeping around.

One thing that I did do on both my VPs was replace the stock plastic striker plate with the viewing hole in it for the solid aluminum replacements from HK parts. The striker view-port is kind of a dumb feature in my opinion and acts as an ingress point for crap to get into the gun.

Mags can be pricey as well, but sometimes you can find decent deals on them.

I ended up going back to Glock because I found myself shooting it better. This is going to sound counterintuitive but the only way I can explain it is that for me, the VP9 grip is almost so ergonomic that it pretty much let’s my hand do whatever it wants....which is often the wrong thing. Glocks with their unforgiving ergos tell my hand where it needs to go. Or maybe it’s something else entirely like the lower bore axis of the Glock, I dunno.
    Regardless the VPs are good guns, just maybe not the best ones for me.
    Last edited by Circle_10; 05-17-20 at 19:16.

Feedback Score
    Honestly if I wasnt already so invested in glocks the VP9 would be my choice hands down. It's better in everyway in my experience out of the box. Better trigger, grip, ergonomics, stupid accurate. I wouldn't recommend another pistol over it to a new shooter.

Feedback Score
    Love mine.
    Right up there with my 1911 as far as great ergos for me.
    First stock striker trigger I've liked.
    I did the same as Circle 10 about replacing the stock striker plate with one without a hole.

Feedback Score
    I daily carry my VP9. It has 3k through it and has never malfunctioned. Its accurate, fast and very enjoyable.

I love the paddle mag release, but im also biased towards it, most my pistols are HKs.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My shooting buddy and I traded guns at the range. The M&P had a "workhorse" feel about it, solid and soft-shooting. The VP (with paddles) felt like a sports car.

I expected that the VP would embarrass the Smith, but both of us felt that the Smith hung right in there. But there's something about the VP that feels like you're driving it. Very cool.

N.B. to OP:

Quit reading this drivel and order one. At Grabagun the paddle model is $550; push button VP9_B is $40 more.

(This thread's tempting me to buy one! I'm sticking with the Smith for EDC, but it'd be cool to play with.)

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    I tried both a G19 and VP9 for OWB carry for a couple of years. When I added the HK long slide the Glocks had to go. Better ergos and easily more accurate for me. Also prefer the VP9T for the higher suppressor sights than the Glock. I may keep the G26 for IWB as I kinda want to keep one Glock for common mags with the AR9.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast