Out of curiosity I tried this out. My pistol was made in 2016.

With the magazine out the striker will release when using the grip as a hammer.

With magazine inserted I was able to get it to drop once, but I was really hitting it pretty much as hard as I could. If you hit the ground at that speed chances are you’re going to be unconscious anyway if the butt of your pistol also hit and gave you a dead trigger. If you’re beating someone about the head and neck with your pistol with the magazine in you might get a dead trigger if you hammer them on the grape really hard and perfectly square. One might then be curious why you are beating them with the pistol rather than shooting them with if you have a round chambered.

Hitting at any other angle I couldn’t replicate the issue. Seems like the inertia has to be strait down on the striker release to overcome the striker release spring.

Attempting this by dropping the pistol with the magazine inserted I couldn’t replicate it. Getting it to hit squarely on the butt, and stop (to allow the striker release to keep going against the spring)is like trying to get a dice to land and come to a dead stop on one side.