Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hk vp9

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have no dog in the fight, but I will throw in something that may be of your consideration. It should have already been solved long ago however I am skeptical of any new things, I always let the others to be guinea pigs for me.

However, what absolutely killed vp9 for me is how, at least when they came out they would fail to fire as soon they are wet. As soon any water got into the striker channel. This is absolutely aggravating for me for I know, for this to happen, HK was negligence with the development of this pistol. This flaw would be discovered with any basic torture test a simple shooting in rain or dipping pistol in water. The neglect of HK to not have the striker or the striker channel grooved so it would not be hydro-locked in the channel or having the resistance of water presence in striker channel being sufficient to slow down the striker's velocity thereby momentum, preventing it from impacting primer with sufficient energy. As I understand it, with hammer-fired the pin can be loose in the channel and the hammer can have a lot of power, enough that it overcome any water that can fit into the firing pin channel and in many cases solid foreign matters. But with strikers, it may be required for the striker to be tighter in it's channel so the gun would be safer and trigger pull would be more consistent as opposed to striker having slop in the channel and having slightly different angle and position in the channel with every firing, the trigger firing sooner or later than expected. Think. The striker being up against the ceiling of the channel for one firing (shorter trigger pull) then next firing the striker is lower in the channel(longer trigger pull). In this case, if design limitation calls for it, HK should then have the striker made of top-grade steel or titanium and grooving or fluting it and possibly increasing the spring force behind the striker at cost of "nicer trigger than Glock". So the water can freely move past striker as it fire.

At the time, the VP9 appears to me, equivalently to say Wilson combat making piece of shit liberator pistol to appease drooling retard peasant masses who at first hate Wilson combat calling them overpriced and so on then fall over themselves clamoring for cheap POS pistol with "WILSON COMBAT" written on it and feel as if they belong to the club!(oh man! I chuckled as I write that.) At time Vp9 does not feel like it shares the linage of previous HK pistol of bulletproof reliability. HK damaged their reputation with me with vp9.

However, nowadays my view is, as long they revisit it, making vp9 a solid reliable pistol to the level of at least 60% reliable as USP then it's a go from me barring another design failure.

I tried to find few video I saw of vp9 failing to fire when wet only managed to find one, it's from MAC. It's linked below, skip to 2:48 to see the pistol dropped into a mostly clear water puddle and stepped on few times then picked it up and fire it until it fails a few times. Since this subject is brought up, I throw in this, I believe I remember that vp9 is not an only striker-fired pistol that fails when wet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOu5ZGfgtVk

I demand absolute reliability from all of my tools and equipment.
    Last edited by SmugPePe; 05-18-20 at 00:47.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    What holsters do y’all use? IWB? Safariland als?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SmugPePe View Post
    I have no dog in the fight, but I will throw in something that may be of your consideration. It should have already been solved long ago however I am skeptical of any new things, I always let the others to be guinea pigs for me.

However, what absolutely killed vp9 for me is how, at least when they came out they would fail to fire as soon they are wet. As soon any water got into the striker channel. This is absolutely aggravating for me for I know, for this to happen, HK was negligence with the development of this pistol. This flaw would be discovered with any basic torture test a simple shooting in rain or dipping pistol in water. The neglect of HK to not have the striker or the striker channel grooved so it would not be hydro-locked in the channel or having the resistance of water presence in striker channel being sufficient to slow down the striker's velocity thereby momentum, preventing it from impacting primer with sufficient energy. As I understand it, with hammer-fired the pin can be loose in the channel and the hammer can have a lot of power, enough that it overcome any water that can fit into the firing pin channel and in many cases solid foreign matters. But with strikers, it may be required for the striker to be tighter in it's channel so the gun would be safer and trigger pull would be more consistent as opposed to striker having slop in the channel and having slightly different angle and position in the channel with every firing, the trigger firing sooner or later than expected. Think. The striker being up against the ceiling of the channel for one firing (shorter trigger pull) then next firing the striker is lower in the channel(longer trigger pull). In this case, if design limitation calls for it, HK should then have the striker made of top-grade steel or titanium and grooving or fluting it and possibly increasing the spring force behind the striker at cost of "nicer trigger than Glock". So the water can freely move past striker as it fire.

At the time, the VP9 appears to me, equivalently to say Wilson combat making piece of shit liberator pistol to appease drooling retard peasant masses who at first hate Wilson combat calling them overpriced and so on then fall over themselves clamoring for cheap POS pistol with "WILSON COMBAT" written on it and feel as if they belong to the club!(oh man! I chuckled as I write that.) At time Vp9 does not feel like it shares the linage of previous HK pistol of bulletproof reliability. HK damaged their reputation with me with vp9.

However, nowadays my view is, as long they revisit it, making vp9 a solid reliable pistol to the level of at least 60% reliable as USP then it's a go from me barring another design failure.

I tried to find few video I saw of vp9 failing to fire when wet only managed to find one, it's from MAC. It's linked below, skip to 2:48 to see the pistol dropped into a mostly clear water puddle and stepped on few times then picked it up and fire it until it fails a few times. Since this subject is brought up, I throw in this, I believe I remember that vp9 is not an only striker-fired pistol that fails when wet.

I have zero reason to believe the VP9 is any less of an H&K in regards to any other H&K weapon. I take any review from one person on one example of said weapon with a large grain of salt. Especially when that review is done in conditions better suited to an episode of The Walking Dead.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SmugPePe View Post

If you forage the reviews, this failure has happened with pretty much every striker pistol and every pistol has passed this test also. A sample of one test to base your opinion on a pistol is selling your self short. If it was truly a problem, the complaints would be much more rampant. I have no real dog in the fight either...I shoot a P30.
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 05-18-20 at 07:45.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Yeah I’m thinking I’ll pick one up instead of more glocks, then maybe a p30L and a hk45 to compliment it all

Feedback Score
    Tim at MAC has some of the worst luck with firearms I've ever seen anyone have. How much is self-induced? I don't know.

Here's a video of a VP9 dealing with water: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJr453erCAc Remember, that's a sample size of one.

My VP9 is about 6 years old at this point, I've carried it at work and at home. I trust it. Only mods are more aggressive stippling to the side and back strap and the solid cover plate from HKparts.

Enjoy.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I agree about the minuscule value of sample of one, but that video was not only video or report of vp9 failing after getting wet that I saw. I remember seeing multiple videos and report on forum of folk's vp9 failing when wet like in rain and after they dipped it in clean water. I remember seeing at least two videos not including MAC's video and handful of report on forum before any trace of interest or respect for vp9 have been eliminated at that time. However nowadays my opinion differ, I would buy one if I come across one for a steal but you bet your ass I will subject it to water test.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Hk vp9

Figured I would embed the video for easier viewing.

I’m a huge fan of the VP9 and have had zero issues running the gun hard in the rain. MAC lost a lot of credibility in my mind with his VP9 “stunt” video. Funny how that came out right when he was being wined and dined by CZ...

Last edited by Nightstalker865; 05-18-20 at 12:28.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If I were a navy seal, and had to be shot out of a submarine's torpedo tube, I might be concerned.

But even in the middle of a southeast Texas thunderstorm, I don't think a VP9 would get me killed for fluid locking.

And it doesn't rain in L.A., and if I were in the L.A. Riots on the ground and didn't have a long gun, I'd be confident carrying a VP9-B and a bunch of magazines.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have over 4k rounds through my VP9.

Only notable issue is that my partciular one will have a hard down with steel cased ammo.

Any brass will work fine though.

I love my vp9 and I love my M&P 2.0's. If I could only own one, i'd take the M&P. But the VP9 is awesome to have.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast