Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hk vp9

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I dunno why you guys watching that dumb MAC channel when there are more entertaining videos about the VP9.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kP9ZW57ov0

Just giving this thread a life for 3 more pages.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Yea the MAC test doesn’t bother me, I think it’s over blown. Maybe it’s just my ocd kicking in but the only thing that’s held me up is the popularity/availability of glocks compared to the vp9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I dunno why you guys watching that dumb MAC channel when there are more entertaining videos about the VP9.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kP9ZW57ov0

Just giving this thread a life for 3 more pages.
    Interesting.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Interesting.
    Indeed. This has been on and off subject with the VP9 discussions for a couple of years now. Predictable responses are mine doesn't do it, or I can make it happen only if I tried hard, or I can make it happen almost on demand. Predictable reactions are this is bullshit, or that's rare, or never happened in real life (apparently did but not independently confirmed so really didn't), or no NDs happened thanks to drop safety, or it is unacceptable.

This has been described in other single action striker pistols and is one of many reasons I don't own any of them.

Feedback Score
    It’s a non issue. There is a firing pin block that operates in a different plane of motion than the striker sere. Even if the striker is released it’s not igniting a round in the chamber. If that’s too hard for retards to comprehend then they shouldn’t own guns. Hammer fired SA pistols can do the same thing depending on how they impact a hard surface. Firing pin blocks exist for that reason.

Pro tip, your pistol isn’t a hammer, using it as a hammer means you are stupid. Even for dumb dumbs that want to do that kind of stupid shit HK cleverly designed a firing pin block that is probably almost impossible to disengage by means other than the lever acting on it via trigger shoe motion.

For those worried about some dumb ass scenario where their pistol is dropped from a helicopter onto concrete, I’d suggest that you should probably check it over real quick before you fight the zombies or other nonsense in your fantasy.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Hammer fired SA pistols can do the same thing depending on how they impact a hard surface.
    Post some videos or something. I've even around handguns for a minute, never seen serviceable hammer guns do that.

As far as a duty grade pistol getting a dead trigger from a modest to moderate impact, that's an indication of a design weakness that's only OK with brand fanboys. If someone is going to hammer my gun, I want the gun get destroyed before it releases its striker.

Feedback Score

Hk vp9

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Post some videos or something. I've even around handguns for a minute, never seen serviceable hammer guns do that.

As far as a duty grade pistol getting a dead trigger from a modest to moderate impact, that's an indication of a design weakness that's only OK with brand fanboys. If someone is going to hammer my gun, I want the gun get destroyed before it releases its striker.
    I agree 100% with your assessment.

When the VP9 came out, I purchased one almost immediately. As time went on, I ended up with six of them.

I never could replicate the “MAC” failures with mine but the dead trigger was stupid easy to replicate on 4 of 6 guns. I sold them all after that knowledge came to be. Not because I may use my pistol as a hammer. Not because it’ll fall out of a helicopter, but because I have been in fights. I’ve been thrown on my back. I’ve been thrown into walls. It isn’t hard to imagine how a dead trigger can happen and why it would be detrimental.

I now have moved to the P30V1 Light LEM and largely, to Glocks. With all the choices out there in 2020, I have no reason to choose one with flaws such as the VP9 has. If somebody else chooses to, that’s fine with me. I won’t berate somebody for the decisions which they choose to live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by PracticalRifleman; 05-23-20 at 20:03.

Feedback Score
    The VP-9 (or SFP-9 in Europe) seems to be widely used in German law enforcement, including (supposedly) GSG-9. Is their variant different from ours in some way?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Doubt it. I believe that the US models all come with their light trigger while Europeans have options for light or heavier. I don't know what their le/mil are using, I don't have an understanding if this makes any difference.
    It'd be interesting to know what their selection trials are like but we don't get such info from overseas. We do get some bits and pieces from the US trials but HK hasn't submitted the VP9 for any large scale bidding.

Feedback Score
    Apologies for the thread derailment, but another consideration, other than Glock, HK, is the Walther PPQ, an outstanding weapon 'out of the box '!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast