Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Hk vp9

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Evel Baldgui View Post
    Apologies for the thread derailment, but another consideration, other than Glock, HK, is the Walther PPQ, an outstanding weapon 'out of the box '!
    lots of people like their CZ's, FN seems underrated to me, and of course M&P 2.0 (or is it higher now?) is competitive.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I liked the VP9 right until I shot it side by side with the M&P. I found the M&P had less snappy recoil.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidk View Post
    I liked the VP9 right until I shot it side by side with the M&P. I found the M&P had less snappy recoil.
    This is my impression, although the difference is very small.

I took my Smith to the range, and did a shoot-off with a bud's VP9. I expected the VP to leave the Smith in the dust, but not so.

M&P is as soft shooting as anything out there.

But they are quite similar and I'd take either in the L.A. Riot.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    This is my impression, although the difference is very small.

I took my Smith to the range, and did a shoot-off with a bud's VP9. I expected the VP to leave the Smith in the dust, but not so.

M&P is as soft shooting as anything out there.

But they are quite similar and I'd take either in the L.A. Riot.
    I agree that the difference is not major, but I found it significant enough to choose the M&P

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I tried to replicate the striker issue with two of my VP9s earlier today.

All performed with empty mags (obviously). I used more force than I'd typical use hammering in large nails, however you want to quantify that..

HK VP9 with a 2014 manufacture date:

15 round magazine inserted. Slammed it down on a solid wood table a total of ten times, magazine down. The pistol did not fail the test at all.

No magazine inserted, the pistol failed 4 times out of 10.

2018 manufacture date VP9 Tactical

15 round magazine inserted. Slammed it down on the same solid wood table a total of 10 times, magazine down. The pistol, just as the previous pistol, did not fail with the magazine inserted at all.

No magazine inserted, the pistol failed 3 times out of 10.

I guess the moral of the story for me is; should I ever find myself in a raging gun battle where my magazines have mysteriously disappeared and I am then forced to hand load individual rounds into the pistol, I can not perfectly drop the pistol, grip down, or use the grip of the gun with no mag inserted to beat someone to death with, without a dead trigger.

I suppose I'll have to live with that.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    People have been able to drop that striker with blows to the back of a pistol/slide too. Best I remember, it was harder to do than hammering a deck with it, and I don't remember if mag was in or out.

Somebody mentioned a PPQ above; these issues have been described with them too, as well as with their Canik clones. A member here had several episodes of a dead trigger on his match PPQ doing in-battery reloads, and Canik did issue a recall several years ago.

Feedback Score
    As near as I can tell, the overwhelming number of people who've bought VP9's are happy with them.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidk View Post
    I didn't notice any differences and the trigger, accuracy, etc of the Vp9 is far superior to the M&P no brainer for me. I transitioned (as many did) from the 1911 to the M&P with Apex kit, and I liked it a lot. I still have it as my backup pistol. The vp9 is another notch up in my view. I don't have experience with later gen M&Ps and I hear improvements were notable.

Only complaint of the Vp9 I have is the placement and design of the slide release which is very easy to ride on and get no lockback on the last rnd of an empty mag. I'd like to see an aftermarket slide release that helps solve that one.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Only complaint of the Vp9 I have is the placement and design of the slide release which is very easy to ride on and get no lockback on the last rnd of an empty mag. I'd like to see an aftermarket slide release that helps solve that one.
    Same here, I really liked my VP9’s, ran them in a training group for a while, but I have a very thumbs high grip, and was always riding the slide release.

For a striker pistol I’m big on G19.5’s... or the M&P...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    People have been able to drop that striker with blows to the back of a pistol/slide too. Best I remember, it was harder to do than hammering a deck with it, and I don't remember if mag was in or out.

Somebody mentioned a PPQ above; these issues have been described with them too, as well as with their Canik clones. A member here had several episodes of a dead trigger on his match PPQ doing in-battery reloads, and Canik did issue a recall several years ago.
    Uh huh, people out inventing problems.

Let me know when someone has an ND or gets killed in the streets from this “problem”.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast