Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Hk vp9

Feedback Score
    Out of curiosity I tried this out. My pistol was made in 2016.

With the magazine out the striker will release when using the grip as a hammer.

With magazine inserted I was able to get it to drop once, but I was really hitting it pretty much as hard as I could. If you hit the ground at that speed chances are you’re going to be unconscious anyway if the butt of your pistol also hit and gave you a dead trigger. If you’re beating someone about the head and neck with your pistol with the magazine in you might get a dead trigger if you hammer them on the grape really hard and perfectly square. One might then be curious why you are beating them with the pistol rather than shooting them with if you have a round chambered.

Hitting at any other angle I couldn’t replicate the issue. Seems like the inertia has to be strait down on the striker release to overcome the striker release spring.

Attempting this by dropping the pistol with the magazine inserted I couldn’t replicate it. Getting it to hit squarely on the butt, and stop (to allow the striker release to keep going against the spring)is like trying to get a dice to land and come to a dead stop on one side.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
    Same here, I really liked my VP9’s, ran them in a training group for a while, but I have a very thumbs high grip, and was always riding the slide release.

For a striker pistol I’m big on G19.5’s... or the M&P...
    I think HK parts has a short slide release that I bought and put on my P30 because I had the same issue. You could double check at the HK forum to get a 100% solid knowledge base.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If you're using your VP9 to pound in railroad spikes in the middle of the L.A. Riots, take a Korean-American with a K2 along as overwatch.

Otherwise, VP9 should serve as well as any pistol out there .

Feedback Score
    I've spent time with both Glocks and H&K's and I find myself going back and buying more H&K's. I've got the VP9T and love it. Definitely my go to if I could only choose 1. That said, only 2 things would make it better: 1) me having an OR slide for it and 2) More time on training through what I see as an issue with the slide release. User error? Probably... It's an issue for me, as the slide often doesn't lock back when the mag is empty because I tend to ride the release... more training? Absolutely. if you like using the slide release instead of racking it during reloads, the slide release is fantastic, as it's great for gross motor skills during higher stress situations due to its length. That's the good part...the counter to that is that depending on your thumb position when shooting, if you also ride the slide release, it could pose a problem for the reloads. Just something to be aware of but I encourage you to get your hands on one and shoot it for a while. The price is a great value for the quality of the firearm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I didn't notice any differences and the trigger, accuracy, etc of the Vp9 is far superior to the M&P no brainer for me. I transitioned (as many did) from the 1911 to the M&P with Apex kit, and I liked it a lot. I still have it as my backup pistol. The vp9 is another notch up in my view. I don't have experience with later gen M&Ps and I hear improvements were notable.

Only complaint of the Vp9 I have is the placement and design of the slide release which is very easy to ride on and get no lockback on the last rnd of an empty mag. I'd like to see an aftermarket slide release that helps solve that one.
    During a class, LAV stated that you can bend the slide release and accentuate the angle making it easier to manipulate . Will this decrease the riding of the slide release so that it will lock back? Don’t know. Just bought a few releases from HK for $6 each and will play with it.

HK parts and Wolf have developed a new trigger. Ordered one and will play with that as well.
    https://hkparts.net/product/lazy-wol...ace-p18747.htm

Played with the 30 round magazine. At the range, it fell on the ground. Rounds went one way and magazine pieces went the other. For sale HK 30 round magazine X2 , only dropped once.

Hope it helps

DK

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ftbear View Post
    During a class, LAV stated that you can bend the slide release and accentuate the angle making it easier to manipulate . Will this decrease the riding of the slide release so that it will lock back? Don’t know. Just bought a few releases from HK for $6 each and will play with it.
    Let me know how that goes.

HK parts and Wolf have developed a new trigger. Ordered one and will play with that as well.
    https://hkparts.net/product/lazy-wol...ace-p18747.htm

Played with the 30 round magazine. At the range, it fell on the ground. Rounds went one way and magazine pieces went the other. For sale HK 30 round magazine X2 , only dropped once.

Hope it helps

DK
    I recently added a bunch of upgraded from them but left the trigger alone as I like the trigger fine. I'm surprised they have not designed an aftermarket slide release as that's a common issue/complaint with the VP9, enough so for some to get rid of them. Even sent them a email saying same and got nadda. I like mine too much to get rid of the pistol due to that issue.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Let me know how that goes.

I recently added a bunch of upgraded from them but left the trigger alone as I like the trigger fine. I'm surprised they have not designed an aftermarket slide release as that's a common issue/complaint with the VP9, enough so for some to get rid of them. Even sent them a email saying same and got nadda. I like mine too much to get rid of the pistol due to that issue.
    Things don't always make sense. I have asked for a drop in P30 trigger from Wolf because like you said, the VP9 trigger is damn good out of the box, the P30 less so. I am used to it now and shoot it fine, but a drop in trick trigger from them would be a nice option to have. Especially since their send in trigger work lead times are ridiculously long and not cheap. Lazy Wolf actually said they are working on one, but it's been awhile and so far nada.
    Last edited by Adrenaline_6; 05-26-20 at 12:15.

Feedback Score
    Only complaint of the Vp9 I have is the placement and design of the slide release which is very easy to ride on and get no lockback on the last rnd of an empty mag. I'd like to see an aftermarket slide release that helps solve that one.
    Emailed Rick at Lazywolfguns.com

They have an aftermarket slide release in the works. Unknown ETA

DK

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Emailed Rick at Lazywolfguns.com

They have an aftermarket slide release in the works. Unknown ETA

DK
    Fantastic! Maybe they need some beta testers?! That's literally my only issue with the pistol, one not uncommon with others, and the one thing no one developed, Even LAV mentioned it in his early test vid on YT.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Great pistol; had five.

Sold them all after an affair with the CZ P-10C.

The CZ was a better pistol for me and it cost less and was easier to maintain.

Still like the HK VP9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep..."

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast