Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Japan's new Type 20 rifle

Feedback Score

Japan's new Type 20 rifle

Looks like a SCAR-esque buttstock:

"The new rifle will replace the 5.56x45mm Type 89, adopted 30 years ago, and is approximately 78cm or 30.7in long and reportedly weighs around 3.5 kg or 7.7lbs. The rifle will be indigenously produced in Japan by Howa. Each rifle is expected to cost around 275,000 yen – the equivalent to $2,600. This is calculated from the 2019-20 military budget. It is unclear if this also covers accessories like optics and under-barrel grenade launchers."

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...type-20-rifle/
    Last edited by Slater; 05-18-20 at 13:35.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Gen M3 PMAG as well. Cool.
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I know nothing about it; but How gets good regards from the products we do see in the states.

It will probably be a very good gun and serve them well. I see they still favor the bayonet....
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    Also adopting the HK SFP9/VP9. Congrats HK.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Piston gun w/March 1-8 FFP, HK VP9, wow are they expecting an invasion ?
    Sarc

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lowprone View Post
    Piston gun w/March 1-8 FFP, HK VP9, wow are they expecting an invasion ?
    Sarc
    If another world war started, I’m sure the Chinese would be coming in droves. The Japanese aren’t going down without a fight.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KUSA View Post
    If another world war started, I’m sure the Chinese would be coming in droves. The Japanese aren’t going down without a fight.
    Japan has a large and very modern military, and much better quality equipment than the Chinese. Even if there weren't also numerous U.S. military divisions in the area, a China-Japan war would likely be, at best for China, a Pyrrhic victory. But with combined Japanese, NATO, Taiwanese, and South Korean forces, China invading Japan would be pointless.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Looks like an Mlok'd ACR/SCAR.
    Nice to see someone managed to sell them on the "keep it light and simple" concept.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    Japan has a large and very modern military, and much better quality equipment than the Chinese. Even if there weren't also numerous U.S. military divisions in the area, a China-Japan war would likely be, at best for China, a Pyrrhic victory. But with combined Japanese, NATO, Taiwanese, and South Korean forces, China invading Japan would be pointless.
    I wouldn't expect NATO to be showing up in the Pacific. Former SEATO members like Australia and New Zealand? Yup. Current NATO but never SEATO members like Canada and the UK? Yup. But I also wouldn't expect Taiwan to send anyone, especially since any Chinese amphibious warfare capability could be used just as easily if not more easily - especially if used in conjunction with Operation Weserübung-type SOF hiding in commercial shipping vessels - against Taiwan than against Japan. And the casus belli for an invasion of Japan doesn't exist as easily for China as an invasion of Taiwan does.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    "The new pistol will replace a locally-produced copy of the SIG P220 which had been in service since the early 1980s."

Whats the chance of something like this hitting the surplus market?
    "It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner."

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast