Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Japan's new Type 20 rifle

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chadbag View Post
    My wife is from Japan and reads a bunch of Japanese media. China has already been trying to encroach on Okinawa (greater Okinawa island chain) and make claims. A lot of people in Japan are worried that the country is going soft and not opposing China enough when China is pushing into Japanese territory. She is telling me about it all the time from posts from Japan on Twitter and other places where people are reacting to the stories.
    I wonder how much of that has to do with the restrictions we placed on them after WWII as opposed to "being soft"?

Regardless, that rifle looks like the love child of a SCAR and M4. Kinda digging it though.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Also adopting the HK SFP9/VP9. Congrats HK.
    The pistol that stops working when a rain drop hits it? I kid! I wub my Vp9.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Article led me on a look see @ the March scopes....... interesting !!!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Rider79 View Post
    "The new pistol will replace a locally-produced copy of the SIG P220 which had been in service since the early 1980s."

Whats the chance of something like this hitting the surplus market?
    Exactly zero.

Japan has very strict laws regarding weapons, and exports are completely forbidden.
    ”New levels of dissimulation being reached for - and gained – in the faux journalism/gov spokesmen/shadowy ‘intelligence’ nexus which blends together the worst elements of controlled medias, puppet governments, & mafia-led ‘security’ forces, as our ‘post-reality’ era jets further and further away from any remotely real ‘events,’ authentic ‘leaders,’ & factual reporting.”

~ Yuno

"The future is bright, mostly because flames are on the horizon."

~ Author unknown

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    The pistol that stops working when a rain drop hits it? I kid! I wub my Vp9.
    Correct. Also the striker will release if you grip the slide like a handle and use the grip with no magazine inserted to hammer on hard surfaces. As pointed out by another member of you find yourself in a bad spot where you have no magazines, and are alternately single loading the pistol and using the wrong end to whack baddies with as a cudgel you might get a dead trigger.

Not to worry though, the Japanese Bushido Code will inspire them to attach a wakizashi to the rail of the VP9 for close quarters combat.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    I wonder how much of that has to do with the restrictions we placed on them after WWII as opposed to "being soft"?
    No, she is talking about the political will and what she calls "spies" -- those politicians that are China-champions in their parliament and celebrities and others that take a soft line pro China view in public.
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chadbag View Post
    No, she is talking about the political will and what she calls "spies" -- those politicians that are China-champions in their parliament and celebrities and others that take a soft line pro China view in public.
    Ah.

Yeah, we don't know anybody that would do something like that...

<sarcasm off>
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Looks like a SCAR-esque buttstock:

"The new rifle will replace the 5.56x45mm Type 89, adopted 30 years ago, and is approximately 78cm or 30.7in long and reportedly weighs around 3.5 kg or 7.7lbs. The rifle will be indigenously produced in Japan by Howa. Each rifle is expected to cost around 275,000 yen – the equivalent to $2,600. This is calculated from the 2019-20 military budget. It is unclear if this also covers accessories like optics and under-barrel grenade launchers."

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...type-20-rifle/

In any number I would say it would cover more than just the rifle itself. Since an M4A1 itself costs around $300 USD. I bet the $2,600.00 would cover launcher, optic, bayonet, and mags along with a cleaning kit.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buncheong View Post
    Exactly zero.

Japan has very strict laws regarding weapons, and exports are completely forbidden.
    Figured
    "It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner."

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    No one cares what Japan does since they cant use their military equipment or export them.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast