Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Japan's new Type 20 rifle

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    No one cares what Japan does since they cant use their military equipment or export them.
    They export military tech. They almost won the Australia sub contract. I believe I recently read about some Japanese maritime patrol exports or something along that line (in my Wikipedia follow-the-links reading)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defense_industry_of_Japan

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/13/b...es-abroad.html
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buncheong View Post
    Exactly zero.

Japan has very strict laws regarding weapons, and exports are completely forbidden.
    This is not true. Howa exports rifles to the US. Miroku produces shotguns and rifles for Browning, Winchester, and others and sells them in Europe, the US, etc. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miroku_Corp.
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Miroku also used to make revolvers, which showed up not infrequently imported into the US.

Miroku revolvers haven’t been made or imported for probably decades, now, though. Whether that's a legal thing or simply a reflection of the market... I do not know. (Miroku initially manufactured their revolvers for the domestic law enforcement market - as Japanese police received many, many American revolvers during the occupation and Miroku hoped they would want more of the same. Unfortunately for them, the Japanese police promptly began buying automatics as soon as they were able to, leaving Miroku high-and-dry.)
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rider79 View Post
    "The new pistol will replace a locally-produced copy of the SIG P220 which had been in service since the early 1980s."

Whats the chance of something like this hitting the surplus market?
    That was what immediately popped into my mind as well. I'd gladly grab one for the right price.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's...insane!" -- Penn Jillette

Feedback Score
    I'd love a type 89 parts kit. I don't expect to ever see one, but it would be cool. I have an affection for AR-18 derivative rifles. Some of the designs from SE Asia are pretty interesting as well.

Here's hoping.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234