Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Colion Noir & Kevin Brittingham podcast

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    I feel if he was not so persistent and constantly evolving the caliber might have become irrelevant.
    The propaganda and back room dealings that made 300 worthless get traction still blows my mind. I don't know HOW they did it.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    The propaganda and back room dealings that made 300 worthless get traction still blows my mind. I don't know HOW they did it.
    Go on...

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    That was Robert Silvers.
    I would argue not since AAC dissolved. He may have been the heart and soul of the whole process there though, I'm not really sure.

Brittingham is huge on branding and building a brand, really trying to make his name synonymous with the 300blk cartridge. He did work with Sig in like 2010-ish right when they started moving towards the "Complete weapon system" manufacturer they are today. If I remember correctly he had a hand in making the MCX to be a better suppressed system moving on from the 556xi, as well as helping Sig to make good suppressors.

Not taking anything away at all whatsoever from Robert Silvers, but from what I see, read and hear, KB has been the force keeping the train going.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would argue not since AAC dissolved. He may have been the heart and soul of the whole process there though, I'm not really sure.

Brittingham is huge on branding and building a brand, really trying to make his name synonymous with the 300blk cartridge. He did work with Sig in like 2010-ish right when they started moving towards the "Complete weapon system" manufacturer they are today. If I remember correctly he had a hand in making the MCX to be a better suppressed system moving on from the 556xi, as well as helping Sig to make good suppressors.

Not taking anything away at all whatsoever from Robert Silvers, but from what I see, read and hear, KB has been the force keeping the train going.
    Silvers did all the technical work and got it SAAMI approved with of course help from Remington. Both certainly promoted it. The most popular 300 BLK website is run by Silvers to this day.

Britt did not work for Sig in 2010, in fact he was with AAC until fired 12/2011, he dropped off the map for a while as he fought his lawsuit and waited out his non-compete. He joined sig in 2014. By then 300 was firmly established.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Silvers did all the technical work and got it SAAMI approved with of course help from Remington. Both certainly promoted it. The most popular 300 BLK website is run by Silvers to this day.

Britt did not work for Sig in 2010, in fact he was with AAC until fired 12/2011, he dropped off the map for a while as he fought his lawsuit and waited out his non-compete. He joined sig in 2014. By then 300 was firmly established.
    Fair enough. I'm almost positive I saw an interview with KB in which he said he got the SAAMI approved, so if he is openly lying about that there is another knock on his character.

I was not sure on his date at Sig 100%, which is why I said 2010-ish. I knew it was earlier in the decade.

Thanks for the clarifications
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Fair enough. I'm almost positive I saw an interview with KB in which he said he got the SAAMI approved, so if he is openly lying about that there is another knock on his character.
    Well as President of AAC, of course he takes blame/credit for many things. That is normal. But I would be shocked if anything around 300BLK was the work of a single person. And I would agree that right now, he is working toward success of 300BLK, more than anyone else. Q making HBs has certainly revived interest in 300BLK.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Well as President of AAC, of course he takes blame/credit for many things. That is normal. But I would be shocked if anything around 300BLK was the work of a single person. And I would agree that right now, he is working toward success of 300BLK, more than anyone else. Q making HBs has certainly revived interest in 300BLK.
    Yeah the HB lead a lot of people (including myself) to the cartridge that didn't know about it prior.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    But they basically took the idea from J.D. Jones' .300 Whisper.. https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...-aac-blackout/

Feedback Score
    Yep, strait up ripped off JD Jones.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Yep, strait up ripped off JD Jones.
    Yes and no. They took the 300 Whisper and improved the chambering so it could be used at a lot higher pressure than the 300 Whisper could. The difference is not the brass dimensions but the changes to the chambering. You can fire 300 Whisper in a 300 Blk gun but not vice versa.
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast