Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HK VP9 Use and Resources thread.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I ordered some ETS Mags. They were out of the 17rnd ones so got the 21 rounders. These are my first polymer pistol mags. I have Pmags for my AR but ive never used non metal mags for pistols that I can recall.

My first impression holding one of them was that it was light weight. Felt lighter than my standard HK mag even being a bit longer.

I will likely use these mostly for training till I get a good amount of rounds through them or read some other reviews that they are GTG.

Here are some pics. New in the package and one seated in my VP9. You can see it sticks out a bit over standard mags. I believe they use Glock style base plates. Not sure if that means those with glock extensions could use them on these?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I just picked up a VP9 tactical holster from Vedder holsters. It’s nearly a clone of the RCS phantom which I love dearly.

https://www.vedderholsters.com/lightdraw/

Lightdraw OWB. I’ll hopefully get some range time in a week or so with it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    I just picked up a VP9 tactical holster from Vedder holsters. It’s nearly a clone of the RCS phantom which I love dearly.

https://www.vedderholsters.com/lightdraw/

Lightdraw OWB. I’ll hopefully get some range time in a week or so with it.
    Thanks, will add this to the list in the first post. Feel free to post a pic and your thoughts once you spend some time with it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'm starting to look into adding a RDS to my VP9... added some places that seem to do slide milling. If anyone has used anyone else feel free to post and I can add to the list.

I did notice that Primary Machine does not seem to list VP9 work on their site any more... or at least I could not find it.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    While it's not the cheapest option, and you might have to wait on the waitlist, HK does sell the optics-ready VP9 slide in their webstore:
    https://us.hkwebshop.com/hkstorefron...hts/p/51001080

Steve @ Colorado Holster makes really nice Kydex OWB and IWB holsters for quite a few pistols including the VP9. He made me an OWB for a VP9 w/ threaded barrel plus TLR1 a while back and it's as nice as any Phantom that Raven ever made, and I have a box full of Phantoms. Plus he's a super nice guy and his prices and lead times are very reasonable.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    HK sells stand alone slides for RDS. I sold my VP9 to buy a modular one and wished I just bought a slide.

I also bought an OTW holster from tier 1 and it is very nice. I have it on the safari land QLS system.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    HK sells stand alone slides for RDS. I sold my VP9 to buy a modular one and wished I just bought a slide.

I also bought an OTW holster from tier 1 and it is very nice. I have it on the safari land QLS system.

PB
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    While it's not the cheapest option, and you might have to wait on the waitlist, HK does sell the optics-ready VP9 slide in their webstore:
    https://us.hkwebshop.com/hkstorefron...hts/p/51001080

Steve @ Colorado Holster makes really nice Kydex OWB and IWB holsters for quite a few pistols including the VP9. He made me an OWB for a VP9 w/ threaded barrel plus TLR1 a while back and it's as nice as any Phantom that Raven ever made, and I have a box full of Phantoms. Plus he's a super nice guy and his prices and lead times are very reasonable.

Thank you guys! I am sure I will change my mind a few times before I actually buy anything... but I do like the idea of being able to swap plates if I ever get a new optic or remove one.
    Looks like the full slide comes with suppressor sights as well so would save me from having to update my existing ones.

Guessing a direct mill would result in an overall lower profile but I may be able to live with out that.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Never updated with pics of my belt set up with newer g-code holsters.

OSH
    OSL
    and a XST

Was hoping the OSL for the surefire would for a streamlight but does not.

Last edited by vandal5; 06-17-21 at 18:20.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A few months back I managed to snag a factory optics ready slide for my very old VP9. The barrel is an RCM that will have to do until more factory barrels are available.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vandal5 View Post
    Never updated with pics of my belt set up with newer g-code holsters.

OSH
    OSL
    and a XST

Was hoping the OSL for the surefire would for a streamlight but does not.

How have the ETS mags held up since your last post about them?
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast