Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: HK VP9 Use and Resources thread.

Feedback Score
    Moderators: Can you tack this post to the top please?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    How have the ETS mags held up since your last post about them?
    I honestly don't have a ton of rounds through them yet, maybe 200 through the 2 I've been using. So far so good though.

I have not had any issues that I can recall with them not dropping free during mag changes. Only while messing arounf with them did I ever have one not seat all the way but I can do that with the standard metal HK mags too. Being that the ones I have are the 21 round mags they stick out a bit... If you push them in the same way you push in the standard mags you shouldn't have any issues.

Only thing I found odd was when loading them they can tend to stack rounds to one side. I soon foundthis was kind of a non issue as once you start loading more rounds in they will correct themselves. I had started trying to alternate how I was loading them to prevent this but really just need to keep loading of if you are loading a partial mag just give it a good whack on the side on your palm and this should get them to line up.

Few weeks ago I went through some low round cound drills. Many of them had exact cound counts to them so I was either reloading as part of the drill or I'd reload at the end of the drill. Also lots of adding and removing rounds to prep for each drill.

For the most part I was pulling them from an Esstac double pistol kiwi, but I even had one in one of my ITW Fastmags for 5.56.

Adding some pics so you can see them with a few rounds on them. One is fully loaded, the other only has 3, you can see all rounds are stacked on the same side. I was able to just give it a whack on the side to get them to line up right.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimslow View Post
    A few months back I managed to snag a factory optics ready slide for my very old VP9. The barrel is an RCM that will have to do until more factory barrels are available.

That looks great!
    Can you still see the suppressor hight sights through the optic? I starting to lean towards getting the optics ready slide.

I'm interested in the 509T but had been leaning more towards the 407c and 507c being that they share the same footprint as the RMR.

Guessing it's easy enough to swap plates around?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Apologies for the crappy cellphone pics in my poorly lit basement...

This setup is a factory optics-ready slide with included XS Nights and an RMR on a factory #2 plate. The threaded barrel is from SilencerCo, but at some point I'll probably replace it with a factory threaded barrel. I have the non-threaded factory barrel in the original non-optics slide sitting in the safe, so if I want to shoot irons or whatever, I can just swap the top ends. Works out pretty well.
    IMG_1756.jpg

With this config, the irons are still usable through the RMR
    IMG_1757.JPG

Full disclosure, though, I the front sight height on my slide isn't right...Irons shoot pretty high. It's possible this has been fixed on more recent slides, but to be honest I've sorta gotten used to it and it's probably not that big of a deal with the dot there anyway.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vandal5 View Post
    That looks great!
    Can you still see the suppressor hight sights through the optic? I starting to lean towards getting the optics ready slide.

I'm interested in the 509T but had been leaning more towards the 407c and 507c being that they share the same footprint as the RMR.

Guessing it's easy enough to swap plates around?

The 509 is mounted on the CHPWS plate, and you can still use the suppressor height sights. They sit really low in the window, but they are still usable. Two screws to swap the plates, very easy.

I started out with an RMR, but I robbed it for my P30.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I honestly don't have a ton of rounds through them yet, maybe 200 through the 2 I've been using. So far so good though.

I have not had any issues that I can recall with them not dropping free during mag changes. Only while messing arounf with them did I ever have one not seat all the way but I can do that with the standard metal HK mags too. Being that the ones I have are the 21 round mags they stick out a bit... If you push them in the same way you push in the standard mags you shouldn't have any issues.

Only thing I found odd was when loading them they can tend to stack rounds to one side. I soon foundthis was kind of a non issue as once you start loading more rounds in they will correct themselves. I had started trying to alternate how I was loading them to prevent this but really just need to keep loading of if you are loading a partial mag just give it a good whack on the side on your palm and this should get them to line up.

Few weeks ago I went through some low round cound drills. Many of them had exact cound counts to them so I was either reloading as part of the drill or I'd reload at the end of the drill. Also lots of adding and removing rounds to prep for each drill.

For the most part I was pulling them from an Esstac double pistol kiwi, but I even had one in one of my ITW Fastmags for 5.56.

Adding some pics so you can see them with a few rounds on them. One is fully loaded, the other only has 3, you can see all rounds are stacked on the same side. I was able to just give it a whack on the side to get them to line up right.

The ETM mags for my MP5 are slightly more bulky and the spring was insanely strong. Not sure how their pistol mags will fair. But it makes sense they don’t drop free. I would use ETM for training and HK for the real deal.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

I appreciate the write-up. I bought a used VP9 last week with two lazy wolf triggers I'm not sure are solid, and was looking to get some more mags for the range. I have over 20 P30L 15-rounds so I'm good on factory mags right now
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    I appreciate the write-up. I bought a used VP9 last week with two lazy wolf triggers I'm not sure are solid, and was looking to get some more mags for the range. I have over 20 P30L 15-rounds so I'm good on factory mags right now
    Lol, sounds like you're not lacking in Mags then...

I only have 2 of the factory HK 15rnd mags. While I plan to get more I think the ETS are good at their price point and may get a few more of those as well.

How do you like the Lazy Wolf trigger? Have you shot a VP9 on with stock trigger? How do you like the VP9 over all?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Found this at PA.

Convert 15 round mags to 17 round.

https://weathervaneseafoods.com/menu...Menu%20Link%20

Also saw that T-Rex Arms is updating their sidecar holster. If you pull it up it mentions HK will be coming as an option. In one of the live YT streams they mentioned the VP9. Will have to see if that really happens or not.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Found this at PA.

Convert 15 round mags to 17 round.

https://weathervaneseafoods.com/menu...Menu%20Link%20

Also saw that T-Rex Arms is updating their sidecar holster. If you pull it up it mentions HK will be coming as an option. In one of the live YT streams they mentioned the VP9. Will have to see if that really happens or

Uhhh that’s a link for a menu for a seafood joint in Maine lol...but I’m in if you buy the 1st round!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast