Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SHTF Rifle

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Let us see, who should I listen to the guy 6,988 posts or the guy with 37? And really SHTF is going to be what it wants to be not what you want it to be so best to prepare for worse case scenario.
    Posting a lot does not mean knowing anything. many people post here just to post and don't add anything to any discussions.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Genuinely not trying to be a dick, but that sounds far more like a hipster/trying to be different rifle than a SHTF rifle. I cannot figure out why you'd pick anything from Sharps or Spikes and anything with Nickel Boron over all of the other options out there. Perceived smoothness does not equal SHTF. If you want that thing to run no matter what, there are many brands that, if nothing else, have a lower potential failure rate based on internet reviews alone.
    “Trying to be different rifle”

Damn man are you inside my head or what?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    I can accept differing opinions if they make sense, what I have a hard time swallowing is someone with decades of M16/AR experience who is bothered by spring noise and who wants to gimmick up his rifle and call it a SHTF solution when IMO SHTF screams for KISS. But YMMV.
    Fair point on the KISS angle. I still think that it can vary from individual to individual as to what is acceptable and adequate.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellis7702 View Post
    After spending all most two decades in the Army carrying the M16 family of weapons and after owning many civilian versions of the platform, I wanted something that was more user friendly, smother, and easier to clean after a day of shooting.
    OP,
    The parts are not horrible. At least you have a good barrel. (FN makes a lot of companies barrels, on the same machines and using the same materials, and if it was any of the other brands then everyone here would not say anything about it.)

Go shoot it hard, Like 1k worth of ammo hard in one day. That will tell you if it works or not. If it doesn't, replace the parts that you have issues with.

I only see one real issue your parts, the rail. For the rail, get iron sights, zero them and keep checking them to make sure that the rail doesn't shift. Unless you plan a laser or a clip-on then it doesn't really matter too much. Most of the light weight rails out there are garbage, no matter who makes them.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellis7702 View Post
    In the end this is a nice range toy
    Soooo... NOT, SHTF rifle?
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    Thank you for your technical support and all of your knowledge to ensure that I probably refrain from using the term SHFT when I refer to my rifle. For my future posts I ensure to send my technical specifications and verbiage to ensure that I do not offend.
    Last edited by Ellis7702; 05-19-20 at 15:14.

Feedback Score
    IDK, my 'shtf' rifle or pistol is whatever I have on person, in vehicle, or at home; which is an LWRC AR pistol & G19RMR. Simple, basic, reliable items.

Feedback Score
    I agree. Very interesting how the term SHTF is so controversial and evokes so much emotion in adults. At any rate, I feel a SHTF rifle is reflective of the users individual environment, experience on the platform, and what they feel is appropriate to use as a defensive weapon. To clearly one of my previous statements, this is a range toy. Ladies and gentlemen, unless your in combat, all of your firearms are range toys. Even if you train hard everyday and plan for the worse, your firearm is a range toy, regardless of what label you put upon it. Now, if you have a duty weapon that is a different situation.
    Last edited by Ellis7702; 05-19-20 at 21:34.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Shoot it till it breaks, and let us know how that goes.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Right.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast