Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Crimes commited with the "EVIL BLACK RIFLE"

Feedback Score
    Wow the figures from gun facts is even lower than I expected.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mmike87 View Post
    There will be no rebellion here, ever. I seriously doubt anyone in DC is even remotely concerned about that. They went door to door in New Orleans and illegally confiscated guns, without compensation or legal justification, and no one did a damn thing except put the video on You Tube and EVEN THEN no one did a damn thing. They even bragged they would do it again if they had to, despite a court order. They refused the return the weapons, despite a court order. No one did crap.
    Where is Gutshot John explaining how all this illegal activity took place.

Feedback Score
    Damn, mmike87, YOU NAILED IT!!!

Our founding fathers must be spinning in their graves.

Feedback Score
    From the excellent GunFacts pdf doc at www.gunfacts.info:

Fact: Nationally, “assault weapons” were used in 1.4% of crimes involving firearms and 0.25%
    of all violent crime before the enactment of any national or state “assault weapons” ban. In
    many major urban areas (San Antonio, Mobile, Nashville, etc.) and some entire states (Maryland,
    New Jersey, etc.) the rate is less than 0.1%

Fact: Even weapons misclassified as “assault weapons” (common in the former Federal and
    California "assault weapons" confiscations) are used in less than 1% of all homicides.

Fact: Police reports show that “assault weapons” are a non-problem:
    For California:
    • Los Angeles: In 1998, of 538 documented gun incidents, only one (0.2%) involved
    an "assault weapon".
    • San Francisco: In 1998, only 2.2% of confiscated weapons were "assault weapons".
    • San Diego: Between 1988 and 1990, only 0.3% of confiscated weapons were "assault
    weapons".
    • “I surveyed the firearms used in violent crimes...assault-type firearms were the least
    of our worries.”
    For the rest of the nation:
    • Between 1980 and 1994, only 2% of confiscated guns were "assault weapons".
    • Just under 2% of criminals that commit violent crimes used “assault weapons”.
    (see the doc for sources.)
    Last edited by Abiqua; 11-27-08 at 09:05.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thedog View Post
    Lorcin makes a lot of cheap .380 pistols. FYI.

dog
    Yeah, my local dealer used to carry them only because they had a warranty but I haven't seen any there for a number of years recently.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123