Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Milling out Sig 226 slide for RDS

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Milling out Sig 226 slide for RDS

I have a Sig Legion 226 SAO and it is not optics ready. Anyone know a reliable source to mill out a slide for RDS.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I don't have firsthand experience with this company, but have heard good things from a couple guys I trust: http://primarymachine.com/

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Mark did my P229 and P226. Excellent work and communication. Highly recommend his shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    L&M looked familiar, then I started to look in my address book. I guess so because he drilled my X5 Legion out. And yes the guy is awesome.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I have had a 226 and 229 cut for an RMR by Mark at L&M-highly recommended and I am very satisfied. I also had a 229 done by ATEi. ATEi left recoil bosses (as much as they could given the curved top of the slide), and L&M simply milled the area flat, but both have been just fine.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nate89 View Post
    I have had a 226 and 229 cut for an RMR by Mark at L&M-highly recommended and I am very satisfied. I also had a 229 done by ATEi. ATEi left recoil bosses (as much as they could given the curved top of the slide), and L&M simply milled the area flat, but both have been just fine.
    What are recoil Bosses?

PB

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    The posts left to interface with the bottom of the RMR. The idea is they take the brunt of the g forces instead of the screws. The other idea is by fitting the cut tight enough to the dot, the optic is not sliding back and forth imperceptibly in the cut under recoil, which means a longer optic life. The bosses are supposed to help keep the optic in place. Like I said though, with the sloping sides of the 226/229 slides, there was not a lot of material where the bosses should be in the first place, but atei did as much as they could to keep what metal there was.

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Try parkermountainmachine.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    What was the cost from each company? I’m thinking of having my 226 done and also 320...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast