Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I know someone who moves their head like this while aiming

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary1911A1 View Post
    Maybe his master eye is opposite of his dominate hand?
    I was going to suggest the same.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitehorne View Post
    Most only shoot every 6 months when mandatory and that's about it. Twice a year is like pulling teeth for some of them. David
    Oh yea.

"Train? On my off day, off the clock?! Haha **** that!"

"I have to PAY for the class?! Are you ****ing insane?!"

"I'd have to PAY FOR A THOUSAND ROUNDS OF AMMO?! I can't even...get the **** away from me psycho!!!"

This is the conversation when suggesting professional DT or firearms training to 99.9% of LEO's.

Even those who work 15 days a month and make six figures. 😕

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitehorne View Post
    This is what I've been doing for about 10 years since I could last clearly see the front sight. I wear readers and know I'll never have glasses on if I need to draw my weapon. I'll never be a bullseye shooter but I can still hold my own.

I definitely prefer the 6 o'clock now as it is easier to put the blurry sights at the base of the target. Using the combat hold on a 6 inch plate at the 25 yardline is quite a challenge now.
    One of the few shooting differences between my Beretta Cheetah and CZ P01 is the Cheetah needs a low 6 o'clock hold and the CZ is a bullseye hold. It actually shoots a little low with 115 gr ammo.

Even though my eye cannot crisply define the front sight (on either) I still get excellent accuracy with the CZ. I wonder how well a person with better vision could shoot the small-sight Beretta at 25m or more?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Even those who work 15 days a month and make six figures. 😕
    (Record skips)
    Wait, which agencies are we talking about?
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Many that run 12 hour shifts.

3 on, 2 off, 2 on, 3 off, one short day. You'll work 15 days a month. 80 hours a two-week pay period.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Many that run 12 hour shifts.

3 on, 2 off, 2 on, 3 off, one short day. You'll work 15 days a month. 80 hours a two-week pay period.
    I guess the 6 figures part is what got my attention. The 12 hr shifts are common.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I guess the 6 figures part is what got my attention. The 12 hr shifts are common.
    In several agencies in FL and the Northeast and California and I'm sure others, after 15 years (step pay raises, collective bargaining raises) and OT and off-duty work, with the common uniform allowance, holiday pay, night pay, and insurance benefits 6 figures isnt rare. Add a promotion or two (K9, detective, Corporal, Sergeant, etc) and it's not rare to get to that with a minimum of OT and no off-duty work.

Brass makes even more, of course.

Then again, Florida Highway Patrol only starts in $40's/Yr IIRC, and there are plenty of Mayberry-type towns paying $30's.

But real bank can be made being a Police Officer. It can also ruin your life. (Sickness, injury, criminal charges, stress, divorce, etc)

Here ya go, just some examples:

https://www.indeed.com/career/deputy-sheriff/salaries
    Last edited by Ron3; 05-23-20 at 07:34.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123