Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cherrybalmz Gun Lube

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, you’ve got much more experience with different brands than I do so it carries weight IMO. Are you using just the ALG Go Juice or are you also using their thin grease (VTG)? I’m curious if that would be a good lower cost option than CB that would do what I want it to...

Grease for general application on regular use guns (and on guns that mostly sit in the safe or are carry weapons that don’t get shot much) and when they start getting caked with crap after hundreds+ rounds, squirt some Go Juice to keep it running until you can clean and re-apply the grease??
    I only ran the oil. I had some sample packets from SHOT but never got around to using the VTG.
    In heavenly love abiding, no change my heart shall fear;
    and safe is such confiding, for nothing changes here:
    the storm may roar without me, my heart may low be laid;
    but God is round about me, and can I be dismayed?

Feedback Score
    The best lube I have found is synthetic Redline engine assembly lube. It is a lot like Cherry Balmz and is designed to stay put, protect under harsh conditions, does not burn off, Flash point of 450*, has a ton of Molybidum in it. If it is good enough to build $100,000 race engines and protect them on initial startup under some extremely high pressures, friction, and temperature, I figured it would work well in my firearms. I have been using it for a few years now and is my go to lube for any part of a gun that slides. If it pivots it get a drop or two of Mobile1 oil.

https://www.summitracing.com/oh/parts/red-80312

red-80312_xc_ml.jpg

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I decided to try it early this year and got the five-bottle deal as well. I tried some of the standard “Black Rifle” balm on a 10.3” SBR and it worked fine, as in the gun didn’t fail to function after using it, that’s about the extent of a “field report” that I can provide - that it didn’t not work.
    I actually haven’t used it on any of my other guns though and the reason is largely laziness on my part. The bottles are very small, and yes the company says you don’t need much, just apply it with the little applicator brush to wear surfaces. Because of how small the bottles are, if you over use it, it’s going to be gone pretty quickly. But precisely applying strategic amounts of boutique gun lube to the wear surfaces on BCGs with a little nail polish brush kind of conflicts with my usual routine of just slathering the bitch in Slip and sticking it back in the upper. So whenever I consider trying the Cherry Balmz again when I have a gun down in the basement for a re-lube I end up deciding “Ain’t nobody got time fo’ dat!” and grab the Slip instead.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    Or $17 will buy at least a half gallon of Mobil 1, as opposed to a half ounce of Cherrybalmz.
    Now your effing with me LOL. The only non-automotive use I have for Mobil-1 is to lube the main shaft of my RL550.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    I like it because it smells like Twizzlers and tastes even better

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dino11 View Post
    The best lube I have found is synthetic Redline engine assembly lube. It is a lot like Cherry Balmz and is designed to stay put, protect under harsh conditions, does not burn off, Flash point of 450*, has a ton of Molybidum in it. If it is good enough to build $100,000 race engines and protect them on initial startup under some extremely high pressures, friction, and temperature, I figured it would work well in my firearms. I have been using it for a few years now and is my go to lube for any part of a gun that slides. If it pivots it get a drop or two of Mobile1 oil.

red-80312_xc_ml.jpg
    That is interesting. Looks like it is an initial breakin/assembly lubricant that later blends with regular engine oil when use begins. That seems to be pretty applicable to AR’s.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    New hotness lube pumped up my influencers and social media...????

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    AR-15 Lubrication - An Interview With CherryBalmz

For those that feel like geeking out on the science and engineering that has gone into this stuff. It's interesting at the very least.
    In heavenly love abiding, no change my heart shall fear;
    and safe is such confiding, for nothing changes here:
    the storm may roar without me, my heart may low be laid;
    but God is round about me, and can I be dismayed?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dino11 View Post

red-80312_xc_ml.jpg
    I just ordered some. How does it run on supressed guns? Stay in place pretty good?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by runningbear762 View Post
    I just ordered some. How does it run on supressed guns? Stay in place pretty good?
    I have shot 500 plus rounds and the stuff was still clinging to the parts I put it on. You want to make your trigger slippery than gorilla snot lube your trigger with it.

Cold weather has no ill effects either. After you are done shooting just wipe it off and re lube, keeps all the carbon suspended and clean up is a breeze. I use brushes for putting soldering paste on, use a pair of scissors to trim the bristle to about 3/8". I cover the whole outside of the BCG, and the bolt. But not the face of the bolt, also do the bolt bore on the carrier. This stuff is amazing. I shoot a lot, reload my own ammo. I have never broken any parts on any of my AR's, and wear is kept to a minimum. I learned about it because I build high HP race engines, most of the engines I build have $30,000 just in parts in them and this is the stuff I use to assemble them with.
    Last edited by Dino11; 05-24-20 at 15:58.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast