Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Cherrybalmz Gun Lube

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    So this was what I was looking for in the article and on lubrikit...I may have missed it but it IS non-toxic, correct? I assumed it was since it's "food grade" but wasn't sure.

I'm obviously not married to the idea of using CB...but I am sold on the idea of using a light grease for general lubrication and having an oil for high round count days when the gun gets sluggish (adding oil vs. breaking the gun down to re-apply grease). If Lubriplate works just as well AND it's cheaper, then I'm in. I was also thinking of trying the Slip EWG since it's supposedly non-toxic, an NLGI #1 grease and it's not very expensive at ~$17 for the 4oz jar
    Lubriplate’s FMO-350-AW is food grade and non-toxic. It's approved by the FDA and Dept. of Agriculture for use on food processing equipment.
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexHill View Post
    Here is a great article on gun oils and how not to get taken by the "snake oil" salesmen.

https://www.grantcunningham.com/2006...brication-101/
    Very informative, thanks for posting that.

To the main topic, never tried CB, I read about it on TOS and was interested at first, but IMO, it was just too expensive for the amount you get and I didn't see any problems it would be addressing. I mainly use slip ewl & ewg (applied in the same areas as mentioned in the above article) and it pretty much covers the bases without any issues.
    Last edited by Anunnaki; 05-28-20 at 05:05.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I never understood Frog Lube. It's vegetable oil. If you leave vegetable oil sitting around exposed to air, it deteriorates and turns rancid, no? I assume Cherrybalmz doesn't suffer from this issue?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    I never understood Frog Lube. It's vegetable oil. If you leave vegetable oil sitting around exposed to air, it deteriorates and turns rancid, no? I assume Cherrybalmz doesn't suffer from this issue?
    Cherrybalmz is synthetic. They claim it can last at least 3 years once applied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Grease in an AR turns into a gooey black sticky mess. I still haven't found anything that works better than Mobil 1
    Last edited by kirkland; 05-31-20 at 11:07.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkland View Post
    Grease in an AR turns into a gooey black sticky mess. I still haven't found anything that works better than Mobil 1
    Not true. Been greasing my AR's for nearly 20 years without issue.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Not true. Lightly greasing the bolt carrier rails works great. I also lightly grease the action spring coils. (SLIP2000 EWG mixed with Tetra Gun Grease)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    Not true. Been greasing my AR's for nearly 20 years without issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Not true. Lightly greasing the bolt carrier rails works great. I also lightly grease the action spring coils. (SLIP2000 EWG mixed with Tetra Gun Grease)
    You guys must be using the right amount of grease in the right places. I've seen an AR that where the BCG and inside of the upper receiver were both coated in a black sticky mess of grease. I washed it all out with seafoam then lubed it up with oil like you normally would then it was slicker than snot. Owner was happy. I'm glad it works for you guys but personally I'll just oil the AR and save the grease for the M1 garand

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    What type of grease was used? The article shared above discusses the appropriate weight grease for use in guns.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You guys must be using the right amount of grease in the right places. I've seen an AR that where the BCG and inside of the upper receiver were both coated in a black sticky mess of grease. I washed it all out with seafoam then lubed it up with oil like you normally would then it was slicker than snot. Owner was happy. I'm glad it works for you guys but personally I'll just oil the AR and save the grease for the M1 garand
    Yes, I use a light coating on just the bearing surfaces alone. "If it slides; grease it. If it rolls; oil it." Stays put and wipes up easy, ready for a reapplication every few range days.

Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    What type of grease was used? The article shared above discusses the appropriate weight grease for use in guns.
    I use a mixture of Slip 2000 EWG and Tetra Gun Grease. I basically squeezed out the tube of Tetra into a 3/4 full plastic jar of the EWG and stirred it with a popsicle stick. I have found that the mixture is a lot slicker than either alone. I do the same thing with Slip 2000 EWL and Tetra Gun oil. Amazing stuff.

I've switched all my shooting buddies over too. Everyone who handles one of my rifles or pistols remarks on how slick the actions are. FWIW.
    Last edited by georgeib; 06-04-20 at 15:31.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast