Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cherrybalmz Gun Lube

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Cherrybalmz Gun Lube

For those who have actually used it and put more than a mag worth of ammo downrange, is this stuff legit?

Based on reading reviews and a P&S podcast, it sounds promising and the two things that got me interested is it not burning off and it staying in place for things like carry weapons or HD rifles that don't get shot as much. I've been using SLIP 2000 EWL since the beginning and like the stuff, but it does run off and burn off fairly fast. If the claims are true, the CB may be a better solution for that. Seems most of the reviews I've been able to find are on TOS or Reddit, but I trust the guys info here a little more. That said, for all the guys who have used it, I haven't seen a negative review.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It's grease, right?

Grease traps residues and becomes sludge, while oil, such as Breakfree CLP or LP keeps the dirt in suspension and can be easily cleaned. No grease on AR-15.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The creator has been on the P&S mod cast several times. I was initially curious, but see no reason to change when slip2000 does everything I need it to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If CLP was good enough for the LERPs in the Mekong in '69, it's good enough for me.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    This thread is obviously going where every lube thread goes so the point is to just use something and use enough of it in the right places and your guns will serve you well. They are simple mechanical devices.
    Last edited by El Pistolero; 05-20-20 at 19:41.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I realize that its a simple lubrication problem.
    I realize that enough vagisil will make the gun run.
    I realize wonderlubes are beat to death on forums (I'm pretty sure this is the first thread I've ever participated in regarding lubes, much less starting one)

Yes, SLIP ELW has served me very well over the years and I'd be happy to use it going forward...and I might.

BUT

It falls somewhat short in the two areas I mentioned:

1) Staying put in storage or carry positions
    2) Staying on the gun over hundreds or thousands of rounds without re-application (SLIP does fairly well here, but I wouldn't be asking about CB if they didn't claim it was better)

If I wasn't getting to the bottom of my last bottle of SLIP, I probably would have brushed off all these new wonderlubes like I have for years...but things progress and get improved upon, so that's why I'm asking.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    My curiosity has been peaked by it for a bit from a longevity standpoint in addition to the claims that it plays well with other lubes should those be used as well.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Been using grease for 14 years on my guns. Stays where you put it, doesn't drip, burn, or blow off(depending on the grease). The concern over so called trapped residue and deposits is overblown in my experience and opinion. The Slip 200 EWG works very well, non toxic and extreme operating temperature range.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I've used it through two carbine classes and about 2,000 rounds through one gun now. It works. I don't really know how to expound its usefulness other than it stays where you put it, it stays wet for a really long time, it works really well when I shoot suppressed, it doesn't get gritty over time, it's easy to wipe off with a rag, and it's slick, really slick. In the last 10 years I've used Breakfree CLP, Militec, Slip2K EWL/EWG, Mobil 1, ATF, Seal 1, Fireclean, Lucas Extreme Duty Oil, ALG Go Juice, SOLGW Snake Oil, and once as a joke KY Warming Sensations.

Does Cherrybalmz work better than those? I honestly can't give a quantitative answer. I'd say it works better than CLP, Militec, EWL, Mobil 1, ATF, Fireclean, Snake Oil, Lucas, Seal 1, and KY. Go Juice is the only "oil" that I've been truly impressed by in that it didn't gum up after several range sessions with the Saker556. Cherrybalmz is the same way but it's slippery(er) and doesn't burn off as quickly.
    In heavenly love abiding, no change my heart shall fear;
    and safe is such confiding, for nothing changes here:
    the storm may roar without me, my heart may low be laid;
    but God is round about me, and can I be dismayed?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I've read several lengthy posts by the creator of Cherrybalmz as well as report from end users and it does sound interesting. Since I'm getting low on FireClean I was thinking about trying it out.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast