Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cherrybalmz Gun Lube

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Lightbulb

If it sez "gun oil" somewhere on the packaging, I've probably bought and used it. NEVER had a gun malfunction, BECAUSE I used any of them(took a class once and the temperature at the range Sunday afternoon, was 9). Have SEEN/heard more than my share of weapon woes, from folks who didn't use SOME oil.

'Cherry' does NOTHING for me personally, so I'm not going out of my way to find any.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    If CLP was good enough for the LERPs in the Mekong in '69, it's good enough for me.
    That is the stupidest thing I have read all day. Things have advanced a bit over the last 40 years. I am using ALG go Juice and their very thin grease with some success on parts where I want the lube not to migrate. I have used Fireclean, CLP, Militec, SLIP, TW25, LSAT, Sprinco machine gunner's lube and a few others that slip my mind. The ALG stuff is cheap and works better than all of the other things I have tried to this point. I'll probably try Cherrybalmz after it has a bit more time in circulation and if reports of its use continue to be glowing.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas24 View Post
    I've used it through two carbine classes and about 2,000 rounds through one gun now. It works. I don't really know how to expound its usefulness other than it stays where you put it, it stays wet for a really long time, it works really well when I shoot suppressed, it doesn't get gritty over time, it's easy to wipe off with a rag, and it's slick, really slick. In the last 10 years I've used Breakfree CLP, Militec, Slip2K EWL/EWG, Mobil 1, ATF, Seal 1, Fireclean, Lucas Extreme Duty Oil, ALG Go Juice, SOLGW Snake Oil, and once as a joke KY Warming Sensations.

Does Cherrybalmz work better than those? I honestly can't give a quantitative answer. I'd say it works better than CLP, Militec, EWL, Mobil 1, ATF, Fireclean, Snake Oil, Lucas, Seal 1, and KY. Go Juice is the only "oil" that I've been truly impressed by in that it didn't gum up after several range sessions with the Saker556. Cherrybalmz is the same way but it's slippery(er) and doesn't burn off as quickly.
    Thanks for the feedback, you’ve got much more experience with different brands than I do so it carries weight IMO. Are you using just the ALG Go Juice or are you also using their thin grease (VTG)? I’m curious if that would be a good lower cost option than CB that would do what I want it to...

Grease for general application on regular use guns (and on guns that mostly sit in the safe or are carry weapons that don’t get shot much) and when they start getting caked with crap after hundreds+ rounds, squirt some Go Juice to keep it running until you can clean and re-apply the grease??

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedyz View Post
    That is the stupidest thing I have read all day. Things have advanced a bit over the last 40 years. I am using ALG go Juice and their very thin grease with some success on parts where I want the lube not to migrate. I have used Fireclean, CLP, Militec, SLIP, TW25, LSAT, Sprinco machine gunner's lube and a few others that slip my mind. The ALG stuff is cheap and works better than all of the other things I have tried to this point. I'll probably try Cherrybalmz after it has a bit more time in circulation and if reports of its use continue to be glowing.
    Thanks for your feedback here as well. Since you use both ALG products, I’d be interested if you use them similar to what I posted above?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    In for the leggy redhead!

The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Reading different things on the CB site, I found it interesting they gave 40 year old LSA praise for it's lubing and staying power.

Feedback Score

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    This thread is obviously going where every lube thread goes so the point is to just use something and use enough of it in the right places and your guns will serve you well. They are simple mechanical devices.
    You got that right.

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    Yep, I throw the grease on bolt surfaces that show wear and other usual spots and then throw a few drops of oil into the system when I shoot. It has worked well for me and both products do not show any signs of conflicting with each other.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    It's grease, right?

Grease traps residues and becomes sludge, while oil, such as Breakfree CLP or LP keeps the dirt in suspension and can be easily cleaned. No grease on AR-15.
    LMAO. Do you seriously think it’s that black and white? People have been using grease successfully for a long time.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedyz View Post
    Yep, I throw the grease on bolt surfaces that show wear and other usual spots and then throw a few drops of oil into the system when I shoot. It has worked well for me and both products do not show any signs of conflicting with each other.
    Perfect.

I think it was in the long ALG GJ thread where someone said that as the gun heats up, the grease thins out and acts like oil. Do you notice that after shooting, the grease has migrated off or thinned out significantly on the wear surfaces?

Being that Geissele claims it’s NLGI “0000“ and CB is closer to “0” I’m wondering how well the VTG works compared to CB, in regards to longevity over “X” number of rounds...?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast