Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Cherrybalmz Gun Lube

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    I use a mixture of Slip 2000 EWG and Tetra Gun Grease. I basically squeezed out the tube of Tetra into a 3/4 full plastic jar of the EWG and stirred it with a popsicle stick. I have found that the mixture is a lot slicker than either alone. I do the same thing with Slip 2000 EWL and Tetra Gun oil. Amazing stuff.
    I’m not sure I’m following...are you mixing a grease with an oil or a grease with another grease? I’m not familiar with tetra grease/oil products... also, if you’re mixing grease and oil, do the two separate at all?

I’ve been considering mixing some EWL and EWG to thin it out but wasn’t sure if it would even stay together, or mix for that matter.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Haven't had any separation issues. Been a few years too.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    "If it slides; grease it. If it rolls; oil it."
    That doesn't work. The bolt slides in the carrier and needs to be lubed, but I wouldn't recommend using grease. Nothing on the AR rolls, yet it's designed to be lubed with oil.

That saying doesn't apply to anything else, either. Wheel bearings roll, but if you used oil instead of grease, the bearings would quickly have a catastrophic failure.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    That doesn't work. The bolt slides in the carrier and needs to be lubed, but I wouldn't recommend using grease. Nothing on the AR rolls, yet it's designed to be lubed with oil.

That saying doesn't apply to anything else, either. Wheel bearings roll, but if you used oil instead of grease, the bearings would quickly have a catastrophic failure.
    I will definitely defer to your experience. Good point about bearings.

Honest question: don't the hammer and trigger "roll" around the pins?
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Honest question: don't the hammer and trigger "roll" around the pins?
    The FCG pins slide. They either slide in the pin holes of the lower, the FCG parts or both.

Take a pen and grip it in your first. Turn the pen with your other hand. You'll feel the pen sliding against your skin as it spins. Now, place the pen in your open palm and roll it back & forth with your other palm. Now, the pen rolls.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That makes complete sense. "Roll" is a misnomer in this context.

Feedback Score
    on the other hand though i will continue to use grease in the wheel bearings of my vehicle and not just oil them 😃

Feedback Score
    Just got some more cherrybalmz in the mail today. Did the mix and match five for the price of two. Previously was using TW25b but so far I'm pleased with the cherrybalmz. Not having any issues with it reacting to my Eezox clp I use and it seems to not get funky etc. Expensive for size of bottles but the special they ran was good. A little does go a long way

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The only time I used grease on any firearm was when I carried 1911. I put pro-gold gun grease on the rails, because oil might get on my clothes.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkland View Post
    You guys must be using the right amount of grease in the right places. I've seen an AR that where the BCG and inside of the upper receiver were both coated in a black sticky mess of grease. I washed it all out with seafoam then lubed it up with oil like you normally would then it was slicker than snot. Owner was happy. I'm glad it works for you guys but personally I'll just oil the AR and save the grease for the M1 garand
    A sticky mess of a rifle is not empirical evidence that grease is a poor lubricant. Improper application, lack of cleaning or any number of other factors could be involved. Grease remains where you put it. If you use good grease it won't drip, burn, or blow off like oil. Lubricate the bearing surfaces of the BCG(4 "rails") on an AR15, not the entire thing. Wipe the bolt tail, the cam pin and track. Nothing more. Lubricating the trigger/sear is tough to do with grease so I hit it with a couple drops of Slip2000 EWL oil or something similar(TW25B).

Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    What type of grease was used? The article shared above discusses the appropriate weight grease for use in guns.
    Slip 200 Extreme Weapons Grease(EWG).

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast