Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rifle selection

Feedback Score
    Last edited by dsmguy7; 02-06-22 at 12:49.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Eventually people will have to pay their credit card bill and the buying will slow down.
    Relax, you will have plenty of time time to find another AR. Maybe just buy a lower or 2 and build them slowly, a lower is between 120-160.
    Prices may stay 10-20% higher though; who knows.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave L. View Post
    Eventually people will have to pay their credit card bill and the buying will slow down.
    Relax, you will have plenty of time time to find another AR. Maybe just buy a lower or 2 and build them slowly, a lower is between 120-160.
    Prices may stay 10-20% higher though; who knows.
    Im with Dave on this one. The crazy spending will soon end and I doubt that the first act as president will be to bad guns there’s to many other issues for that. Im not saying don’t buy one im just saying I think things are a little blown out of proportion right now.

Feedback Score
    If you're buying in preparation of a ban, 10 $100 lowers will be far more valuable than a single $1000 rifle. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. I, too, have purchased a number of stripped lowers "just in case". Come January 20, however, I'm going to be hitting the Hill like a madman to put a stop to as much legislation as I possibly can.
    --Nick
    Owner, Reptilia & Side Project, LLC

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NickB View Post
    If you're buying in preparation of a ban, 10 $100 lowers will be far more valuable than a single $1000 rifle. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. I, too, have purchased a number of stripped lowers "just in case". Come January 20, however, I'm going to be hitting the Hill like a madman to put a stop to as much legislation as I possibly can.
    i think all will pan out......that said i did pick up a few "stripped" lowers myself before my dealer ran out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NickB View Post

Why is it people are more concerned with lowers than uppers or complete rifles before a ban? Do lowers break more or something? I'm noob to this so if someone would please inform me... Are uppers not banned? Do they normally ban all replacement parts like extractors or a simple mil-spec pin that breaks. Reason I ask is you said you have purchased a number of stripped lowers, wouldn't you need the pieces before ban or is that something you could get afterwords?

Feedback Score
    83 (100%)
    Deleted.
    Last edited by NoBody; 05-04-09 at 06:00.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ar-junkie View Post
    Why is it people are more concerned with lowers than uppers or complete rifles before a ban? Do lowers break more or something? I'm noob to this so if someone would please inform me... Are uppers not banned? Do they normally ban all replacement parts like extractors or a simple mil-spec pin that breaks. Reason I ask is you said you have purchased a number of stripped lowers, wouldn't you need the pieces before ban or is that something you could get afterwords?
    The lower is the "registered firearm", or serialized part. The date of manufacture is identified by the serial number engraved on the lower receiver. If your "gun" (read: lower receiver on an AR) was manufactured prior to the date of the ban, you can put whatever you want on it, even during the ban. Flash hiders, collapsible stocks, threaded barrels, etc.

Of course this is all assuming it is a Clinton-style AWB next time, which may or may not be the case.
    --Nick

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBody View Post
    I wonder if that's why Noveske ran out of lowers to build their rifles on.
    I'm partially to blame for that. Although I am taking care of John as much as I possibly can, so hopefully I can make up for it.
    --Nick

Feedback Score
    83 (100%)
    Deleted.
    Last edited by NoBody; 05-04-09 at 05:59.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast