Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is the SIG Virtus worth the scratch?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...-patrol-rifle/

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    I invested in two. The first was the 11.5 in 5.56 then I wanted a 9" 300 BLK. Never could get my hands on the 9" so I ended-up buying another 11.5 and then I bought the 300 BLK CEK directly from SIG. (Still waiting on my Thunder Chicken from Q, via Silencer Shop, to clear in order to make it perfect IMHO.)

On one of the 11.5s I had an undergassing issue with 5.56 but customer service was outstanding and turnaround was quick. SIG gunsmith had the gas valve adjusted and returned back to me in record time. It now runs like a sewing machine.

Accuracy is great running Magpul front and rear flipups and a Holosun HE510C-GR inbetween.

When I got the pistol back and re-installed the flip-ups and Holosun and it was dead on zero first shot out on the range. Green Microdot lined-up perfectly on the top of the front post ... I really like the Holosun on these pistols and they appear to be almost bulletproof ... incredible battery life plus the instant-on (when moved) makes it ready to go, not to mention the solar power feature and titanium hood.

Yeah, I cannot recommend this package enough.

The CEK was expensive. $640.00 for the 9" 300 BLK but I figure once the Q Thunder Chicken clears it'll be well worth it.

IMHO there is absolutely nothing to dislike about the Virtus MCX Gen 2 other than the price.
    Last edited by Gallo Pazzesco; 10-20-20 at 13:36.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Anyone heard anything about MCX barrels in 6 ARC?

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Anyone heard anything about MCX barrels in 6 ARC?

No, but I sure would be interested in a couple if they were to become available.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kyjd75 View Post
    No, but I sure would be interested in a couple if they were to become available.
    I can't imagine that something isn't in the works especially with 6 ARC being SAAMI and also in use with US military forces in some capacity

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12