Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Overblown handgun arguments...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    It has double-strike capability. And, yet, the time you waste double-striking a dead primer in a gunfight, could have been spent tapping and racking; if it's not a gunfight, does it really matter?
    In high stress situations, people will not necessarily notice in time that no round was shot before they pull the trigger a second time. I've seen that at competitions, while Darryl Bolke has said he's seen it in classes he's taught. Just saying that it's not a totally baseless concern, though it's definitely very low on my personal priorities.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Really every single handgun argument is a waste of time and energy. You like 1911s have at it , Glock fan boy knock yourself out. At the end of the day the zealots of .45 vs 9 mm vs 10mm vs 40 need to get behind the real issues of preserving our 2A rights now and forever by voting in elections, letting elected officials know they work for us and generally not being” that guy” at the range, etc etc. Rant off...

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    The 1911 is a heavy low capacity boat anchor.
    The grip on a Beretta 92 is huge and feels more like an air tool.
    Revolver guy, {six are plenty for me}

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GNXII View Post
    Really every single handgun argument is a waste of time and energy. You like 1911s have at it , Glock fan boy knock yourself out. At the end of the day the zealots of .45 vs 9 mm vs 10mm vs 40 need to get behind the real issues of preserving our 2A rights now and forever by voting in elections, letting elected officials know they work for us and generally not being” that guy” at the range, etc etc. Rant off...
    These are probably good points.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Debating "knock down power" of one pistol caliber vs another really makes my head hurt.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GNXII View Post
    I have carried 1911s (Commander size), Glock pistols, revolvers, mouse guns, etc. What we need to do is understand that it is the responsibility of the end user to know the limitations of the user and the tool.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    The 1911 is a heavy low capacity boat anchor.
    The grip on a Beretta 92 is huge and feels more like an air tool.
    Revolver guy, {six are plenty for me}
    The 1911 is low capacity yet has at least 1 more rnd then the revolver if not more. There's a logic consistency problem there.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    "I won't carry it unless it's at least a 9mm..."

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    "One is none and two is one". So I guess you carry two pistols on you sides, other hip and ankle, and one apendix and add six mags in your side pocket and one on your neck strap and one by the schlonge ( in case you get frisked).

Carry what you practice with and be good. If its a 1911 and your deadly with it, capacity is rarely an issue for CCW fights. Now Military is another story, capacity is real.

Fun thread!

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 05-22-20 at 19:47.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Bore axis

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast