Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Overblown handgun arguments...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi3 View Post
    "The reason I carry a .45 is because they don't make a .46" the guy behind the gun counter said.
    The guy behind the counter told me "there those that have a. 45 and those that wish they have a. 45". He wasn't a fan of 9's to say the least.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hart View Post
    The guy behind the counter told me "there those that have a. 45 and those that wish they have a. 45". He wasn't a fan of 9's to say the least.
    I had him show me a P7M8 at the time.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    I LOL'd

I do feel I pick pistols with too expensive proprietary mags in the $40+ range which makes me angry. I envision myself sliding through gun fights discarding copious magazines as I go..and feeling the wallet burn..

Too funny!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Things that will kill you:
    Heart disease
    Heart disease with hypertension
    Heart disease with diabetes
    Heart disease
    Heart disease
    Not wearing seatbelt
    Not wearing helmet
    Texting while driving
    Sepsis
    Heart disease
    Broken hip
    Lung disease
    Leaving the dryer/space heater/xmas tree running, and FIRE
    Heart disease

Small chance:
    The ‘Rona
    Shootout
    Heart disease (i’m just kidding, this is what you’ll prolly die of)
    People are like that though, they tend to focus on the 'sexy' risks without realizing what they are doing.

I used to tell the recruits I taught 'Survival is about surviving all the risks, not just the most dramatic ones.'
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 05-26-20 at 00:52.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I get age and I get physical limitations. But a grown man of avg hight and weight should be able to conceal a typical G19 size handgun without having to drastically change their clothes.
    I am on the shorter side. I carry a P30 in a shorts and t-shirt, no problem. I don't have a gut though. I am still a 31 waist and my shoulders are athletic build. If you have a decent shoulder to waist ratio, you can carry whatever you want, no problem. If I can, I'll take the round capacity and better overall accuracy if there is no penalty any day.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I think he was talking about concealment.

Re: M&P 2.0 and Glock. I am one of the rapidly vanishing breed that competes in action pistol. For years as an adjunct to my day job, I shot production with a Glock. Once I retired I became more serious about chasing the illusive 1920 score. I talked with a buddy who I was shooting with and he told me, you need to get a more accurate pistol for production or move to metallic sights or open class. Since the last time I had asked him about what it cost to have him build an open pistol the price quote was around $4,300 with the buddy discount, I asked him what he would get for a production pistol. He suggested an M&P 2.0, so I bought one.

That's for background. Up to that time I'd been shooting 5 to 6 hundred rounds a week out of a Gen 2 Glock 22 with a Lone Wolf conversion barrel. The M&P felt way different. When I first started with it, I would invariably shoot high at speed. I thought it was sights so I chased that for a while, finally started fooling around with the grip adapters, and got it solved with some dremel/sanding work.

Since then, I've switched back to the Glock, shooting a 19X, although if it wasn't for GSSF, I would have stayed with the M&P2.0.

Sample of one, but yeah, some folks can tell the difference.
    I get what you are saying. With the 3 different P30 backstraps (VP9 users have the same option), you can easily change your natural point of aim to the one that suits you best. I tried the small backstrap first, because it felt good, but practicing drawing and pointing at home, I noticed I brought it up naturally low. I changed to the large backstrap...bingo...on the money.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011