Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Overblown handgun arguments...

Feedback Score
    "You should stick to one platform/type of gun for carry/HD"

I like variety and carry a czP07, 1911, ruger lcp2, etc..I laso have 92s, revolvers, etc Just because one is striker and the other is SA/DA doesnt mean i will get killed in the streets. I practice and comfortable using both. it doesnt take long to get used to different controls etc.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    “Xx caliber (usually .380 or 9mm) has zero recoil.”

Yo, someone call Newton, quick.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RKB Armory View Post
    "The guy at the gun shop said...."
    Indeed, 2/3 of the crap I've heard come across gun store counters is just that.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Let's talk about the overblown arguments people make to support their choice of handgun. No need to argue, this is all in good fun/
    Actually semi-legit lecture that does make sense:

Those pistols were designed in the era of operator machined, hand-fitted parts. As a result very few parts are plug and play, you need to have files, stones, and skill to fit them. On the other hand, modern pistols are plug and play.......

Others:

It has double-strike capability. And, yet, the time you waste double-striking a dead primer in a gunfight, could have been spent tapping and racking; if it's not a gunfight, does it really matter?

It's made by veterans. Myself, I'd just hire veterans and not get on the soapbox, but then again, I'm pretty devout, and tend to look askance at businesses that use religion in advertising (unless they are Christian/other religion bookstores)
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 05-22-20 at 11:48.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Magazine capacity arguments involving just a few rounds. I really don't think a Glock 17 holding two more rounds than a Glock 19 (for example) is significant or should be considered when choosing a handgun.
    Capacity debates between say, a Sig p228 and a p225 with 60% lower capacity is different.

Andy

Feedback Score
    Is "Stopping Power" still a thing people argue over?
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    A matter of degree maybe:

.454 Casull vs .22 short.... pretty sure there's a dif on the receiving end :-)
    .44 Mag vs/ .22 LR .... as above but perhaps a little less.....
    .41 Mag vs/ .22 Magnum..... a little less......
    .357 Mag vs .32 Auto.... less, etc etc.
    .38 vs .380......

On down to, of course, 9mm vs/.45. Lots of disparity in specs like diameter, weight, velocity, but less so it seems, in more recent studies, of actual results.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    If you shoot someone with that, you'll just make them mad.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The other night a large bear (or two) got into our coolers. I had a 9 and a 12 gage with slugs. Hmmm....

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    : )

You had complete confidence in your ability with a handgun, so you set the 12 ga. down.
    Last edited by gaijin; 05-22-20 at 14:21. Reason: Spellchek
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast