Thread: WTK - G19X trigger group reassembly

Feedback Score

WTK - G19X trigger group reassembly

While I was replacing the stock trigger on a G19X with an Apex, the trigger housing spring and guide rod fell out. Does anyone have a parts diagram showing reassembly to the trigger group?

10 years in the Outback and out of focus with new products...bear with me.

Feedback Score
    This should be posted in the pistol forum, not the AR forum, it will likely get moved...
    But here ya go: https://youtu.be/FN9a-4pp6dQ

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Moved.

OP- Why the change?
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    I just wanted to experiment with an Apex trigger for my competition Glock and M&P 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    This should be posted in the pistol forum, not the AR forum, it will likely get moved...
    But here ya go: https://youtu.be/FN9a-4pp6dQ
    Thanks, I've watched it and he doesn't pull the spring out. Is there a trigger housing assembly diagram?

Feedback Score
    Did I break off the other end of this piece? The spring should be captured between the leaf spring, right?

Do I order a replacement, or call Glock?

Feedback Score
    Edited.
    I've just disassembled one of my Gen5 Trigger Mechanism Housings.
    I don't see a workable way to remove the trigger spring from the polymer "pinned-strut" (for lack of a proper name) without breaking the strut. I was unable to press out the "end pin", which holds the spring on the strut, for fear of breaking the strut & spring subassembly.

I think it's time to order a spare Trigger Mechanism Housing or two (one for a spare).
    Attachment 62529
    (edited to add: this photo shows the trigger spring and "hook" as removed from the trigger mechanism housing.)

To answer the OP's question, yes, your strut is broken and usually has a t-shaped piece on the end, opposite the pinned end, which is part of the strut's molding.
    Last edited by L-2; 05-24-20 at 17:18.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by L-2 View Post
    Edited.
    I've just disassembled one of my Gen5 Trigger Mechanism Housings.
    I don't see a workable way to remove the trigger spring from the polymer "pinned-strut" (for lack of a proper name) without breaking the strut. I was unable to press out the "end pin", which holds the spring on the strut, for fear of breaking the strut & spring subassembly.

I think it's time to order a spare Trigger Mechanism Housing or two (one for a spare).
    Attachment 62529

To answer the OP's question, yes, your strut is broken and usually has a t-shaped piece on the end, opposite the pinned end, which is part of the strut's molding.
    This is another reason to keep my Gen4 Glock...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pag23 View Post
    This is another reason to keep my Gen4 Glock...
    The Gen 5 triggers are quite good, there is really no reason to switch out triggers.

Additionally, proper disassembly and assembly negates most problems with parts breakage.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    More info for the OP.
    Do your order a new "trigger mechanism housing"?
    Here's one source and where I bought my spare TMHs:
    https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/47208

Do you call Glock?
    That's up to you and may depend on what country you're in (no location given in your profile or post; only references are to the "Outback"). In the USA, many parts aren't sold & shipped to a customer unless that customer is a Certified Glock Armorer, in which case, you'd already know how and where to order the part.

Otherwise, Glock likely won't warranty the part or the situation, but would gladly have you send the G19X back to them at your expense (overnight FEDEX shipping estimated $50). Glock would likely fix this right away and ship your gun back, taking ~a week (again, if you're in the USA; other countries I wouldn't know).

One other possible option is to replace the broken trigger spring sub-assembly with a NY1 trigger spring, but this would raise the trigger pull from ~5.5 pounds to ~8 pounds (some people like a heavier pull; most people don't):
    https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/39651

(note. I've not tried this modification on a Gen5-type trigger mechanism and I assume it's performed by removing the existing Gen5 trigger spring sub-assembly {which you've already done}; and replacing that sub-assembly with the NY1-Gen5 part.)