Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vortex AMG UH-1 now NV Compatible - True Eotech Killer now?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue556 View Post
    Yeah, it seems like it varies so much from person to person that the only way around it is to try them all out, which is unfortunate because that gets expensive.

Oddly enough, my M68/Comp M2 with a 4 MOA dot is probably one of the cleanest to my eyes. My Comp M5 is next best, followed by my T2. I ditched my T1 for the same reason. It was about on par with my EoTech. Every time I got behind either of those I end up with some goofy Mickey Mouse head shaped reticle instead of a clean dot. A G33 magnifier behind my Aimpoints actually cleans up the dot, while the same magnifier behind my EoTech actually makes the issue more noticeable.

Of course none of those issues are all that bad up close, but become a pain trying to get a solid zero or making good hits past 200 without magnification.

I haven't jumped on the general purpose LPVO train just yet, but my eyes are starting to push me that direction.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    I've said this for years, more gun stores with ranges should let customers rent optics on store owned firearms. It would save people so much money from buying the wrong optic, especially because most of them at gun shops don't even have batteries installed you can look at the reticle through!
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    I've said this for years, more gun stores with ranges should let customers rent optics on store owned firearms. It would save people so much money from buying the wrong optic, especially because most of them at gun shops don't even have batteries installed you can look at the reticle through!
    Even a rental session with an optic may not be enough to truly know if you like something. After using a borrowed EoTech I thought I loved their reticle until I owned one and actually put it to use. I realized the 65 MOA ring was just too distracting, obscured my view of the target, and didn't actually help me acquire the dot faster. Of course if it's an astigmatism problem something like that will manifest itself rather quickly.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    Even a rental session with an optic may not be enough to truly know if you like something. After using a borrowed EoTech I thought I loved their reticle until I owned one and actually put it to use. I realized the 65 MOA ring was just too distracting, obscured my view of the target, and didn't actually help me acquire the dot faster. Of course if it's an astigmatism problem something like that will manifest itself rather quickly.
    Fair points. I just find that unless a friend has something mounted up, or I'm at a media event, I truly never get to check out optics before I buy. I've bought several that did not pan out and lost money on the re-sale. Wish there was a good way to try before you buy.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Anyone using one of these currently? (Gen 2). I’ve been considering one for no particular reason other than to try something different. For the price I doubt it would be a better choice than the aim point pro currently on the rifle. This is for general nothingness at the range so just for fun. Anyone currently running one with an opinion they would like to share?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MUFC View Post
    Anyone using one of these currently? (Gen 2). I’ve been considering one for no particular reason other than to try something different. For the price I doubt it would be a better choice than the aim point pro currently on the rifle. This is for general nothingness at the range so just for fun. Anyone currently running one with an opinion they would like to share?
    I've got one on my beater gun and I really like it only having 2 Eotechs fail (512, XPS2) and this thing seems pretty well built if not on the heavier side. The reticle works, but I like the Eotech's better. I hate the battery life compared to a red dot, but for some one like me who has a astigmatism I really like the reliability it offers. I am also just seriously stepping into the night vision world and this does work decently for passive aiming. I'm thinking about getting a Holosun AEMs for my 11.3 which is my primary NVG gun, just because of the weight, but this will probably be on the backup carbine

[IMG]Fall collection by Hank Henry, on Flickr[/IMG]
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12