Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: SF Worship

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    What kind of a man is a man who does not like Garands?
    A man who has never had the opportunity to shoot one.

I got my Garand on about 10 years ago when I bought one from a guy who was going into assisted living with his wife. Shot it very little, it was an Korea era International Harvester and I wanted to keep it in good shape.

So, needing another one I went to a CMP class and built one. Had a riot and ended up with a great looking M1 with a Criterion barrel that is a tack driver. I don't own a chest rig for anything but the M1, my wife thinks I'm nuts when I load it up, but dayum it's fun to shoot.

Plus, it don't have no evil magazine.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    You like Garand's? We should hang out.

I only shot one on one occasion, as a young Marine on a "96" at a friend's house... and felt like I could not miss. It had a 1943 date on it, and an ugly black stain near the toe of the stock. Awesome.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    M-1's!! I had my H&R out for a stroll on memorial day. I sure do miss all the inexpensive Talon repack and cheap greek HXP ammo. At least I got to enjoy it for a while.

Apparently Im all set up for the 1960s National Guard/Basic Training Larp game.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by sgtrock82; 05-28-20 at 05:30.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    What kind of a man is a man who does not like Garands?
    Agreed. They probably hate bacon and love communism as well.

That Greek HXP stuff that came packed in an can in enbloc clips was great stuff. I wish I had a few cans squirreled away.

I spent part of Memorial Day shooting my 1903A3, my Garand, and a 12-gauge coach gun.

The friends I was toasting loved those sort of weapons.

Feedback Score
    So after reading through this thread I see a lot of interesting opinions but I think what stands out about every "mall ninja" is the mentality. I was a POG, I don't make any argument against that. I just think that as a person who carries a gun on a daily basis I should have the "Yellow" mentality, this is what I see myself sharing with the snake eating ranger recon seal snipers. I think the same way when it comes to gear. I don't need a $500 plate carrier with all the mag pouches, when a simple ferro concepts one will do, as I'm now a civilian and should have a defensive mindset, I'm not assaulting a hill anytime soon. I think that we can learn from the SF community for sure, but they are not the end all, be all.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    Pre WW2 Americans were much more oriented to use what’s good enough to work, etc.

Post WW2 America developed a need and yearning for the latest, greatest, bestest driven by advertising and media. Being the last industrial power standing gave us the buying power to do it for decades, and easy credit for a few more decades on top of that.

Some of this may be driven by crossed wire adult fantasy cosplay or weird Top Gun like homoerotic beach fantasy with naked SEALs.

But I don’t think that’s the majority of it. People want the same motorcycle the racers use, the 600hp car, the same bike Lance used, play pick up ball in the same shoes as a pro, the same camera as a famous photographer, the same barbell other people use for ten times as much weight, the same modifications a peo off-roader uses, the same treadmill in the pro gym, etc.

I think the majority of this may not so much be worship, as the same urge to have tactical equipment viewed as the best the pros use.
    Just like they are going to put 15k of mods onto their new Wrangler or Dually 3/4 ton when they are never going to realize or need that potential.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456