Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which RMR for my Sig Legion 226

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Which RMR for my Sig Legion 226

I see they make multiple models of the RMR, which is best for use on a handgun and why?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I see they make multiple models of the RMR, which is best for use on a handgun and why?

PB
    How do your eyes play with dots? Do you have astigmatisms?

I have astigmatism, and I own the Type 1 6MOA adjustable (meaning you can adjust brightness with buttons, not automatically) model (RM07?) that I bought mistakenly. It works great up close, but at distance, it's a big dot. It has worked for me so far, I am going to re-zero it this weekend for the first time since I got it back from Trijicon.

I personally think the RM06 adjustable 3.25 MOA is the best model they offer. Great up close, and still gives you a better size dot at 25, and 50 yards. However, your eyes will probably make the biggest decision for you. The RMR has by no means the cleanest, sharpest dot out there. Out of all the red dots I own, the RMR blooms the worst, and has the most bluish tint. I think Holosun destroys them in clarity, but I don't own one.

Do you have anyone close to you that has one you can check out?
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    29 (87%)
    I have not experienced this myself, but a well respected instructor (Bill Blowers) told me the following. While the holosun and some other sights have much clearer glass and sharper dot than the rmr, the rmr's tinted glass does much better at not washing out the dot in bright direct sunlight. I have been shooting a type 1 and a type 2 RM06 on glocks, and have not found the tint interfering with my shooting. I am putting a holosun on a training/range/competition glock this weekend and will be able to compare

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I went with the Type 2 RM06 with the 3.25 dot.

I researched and was able to look through the 1 moa and 6.25 moa versions as well.

The 3.25 was the best compromise for me between quick acquisition, clarity and distance. I do have astigmatism and the 1 and 6.25 were not as clear. And as previously mentioned, the 6.25 was too big at distance.

I am very pleased with the RM06 on my Glock G45 with FCD plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Assuming you have relatively normal (corrected) vision, Warrior Poet makes some good assertions and explanations going through the different RMR models:

SPOILER: RMR Type 2, Adjustable LED, 3.25 MOA

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have no astigmatism and run a Holosun on my Legion X5 and happy with it. ( thanks Gaijin)

Just looking around.

PB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocaster View Post
    While the holosun and some other sights have much clearer glass and sharper dot than the rmr, the rmr's tinted glass does much better at not washing out the dot in bright direct sunlight.
    On the flip side, the tint degrades low-light performance, as now the view through the window provides distorted information; I have experienced this while shooting in the rain against smaller targets, where my WML just didn't quite have the proper punch to get through the rain. Not a real issue if the target is fairly large and has good contrast, but smaller, low-contrast targets in low-light can be tougher to pick-up for folks with noticeable eye dominance. I will say that I do not find the tint to be an issue in good lighting.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    I have no astigmatism and run a Holosun on my Legion X5 and happy with it. ( thanks Gaijin)

Just looking around.

PB
    My choice would then be a 3.25 MOA. Look at the type 2 RM06.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pomyc View Post
    I went with the Type 2 RM06 with the 3.25 dot.

I researched and was able to look through the 1 moa and 6.25 moa versions as well.

The 3.25 was the best compromise for me between quick acquisition, clarity and distance. I do have astigmatism and the 1 and 6.25 were not as clear. And as previously mentioned, the 6.25 was too big at distance.
    I am in the market for another mini red dot and am torn between a second Type 2 RM01 with the 3.25 dot or something else...

Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    Assuming you have relatively normal (corrected) vision, Warrior Poet makes some good assertions and explanations going through the different RMR models:

SPOILER: RMR Type 2, Adjustable LED, 3.25 MOA
    ...the manual adjustable version. Anyone have thoughts on the auto adjustable vs. manual adjustable?

I'm also curious about the SRO, are they worth consideration?
    Last edited by titsonritz; 05-25-20 at 19:38.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The story on the street that I have heard is RMR is best for rugged duty use and the SRO with big window..is more a competition optic.

Who Knows?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast