Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Optics

Feedback Score
    The Romeo 4 (one of the cheaper models, as there are several) was on sale for $199. It gives you the choice of the Eotech style reticle.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    If you have ANY astigmatism at all, a) it will get WORSE with time, and b) you want the smallest dot possible - 2moa, at present.

Aimpoint, for close up work. Or if you're serious about the hunting, maybe a Vortex LPVO 1x4.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jev View Post
    New to the group what red dot mid price for my BCM AR? Mostly shooting 150-200 yards no desire for longer at this time and some varmint hunting. Sorry if the question has been beat to death.
    Go here: https://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?13-Optics-amp-Mounts

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a 10.5" that I recently built and it's become my goto AR. I really like the short setup. I don't do any long range shooting with ARs. Usually maybe out to 200. I have two optics that I switch back and forth between. A Romeo4T and a Viper PST 1-4X.

I really like the Romeo4T. It's built like a "good" red dot should be. 7075 T6 and very robust. The reticle options are also nice too. The Circle dot is really good for up close. I opted to go with the Romeo instead of an Aimpoint mostly because of the reticle, and the fact that it cost a couple hundred less didn't hurt either.

I also like the PST. My times with the PST and just as fast as they are with the Romeo when shooting up close. Still, I can see the Romeo being an advantage because it's just plain smaller and lighter. Over all, the AR is just more handy with the Romeo on it. Of course, the PST has the advantage when you're shooting at smaller targets or reaching out a bit. If I could only have one, I really don't know which one I'd go with for sure, although I think I'd lean toward the LPVO because it better suits a general purpose gun.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12