Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 16” comparison: DD 16” mid-length with BCM A5 lower vs Knight’s SR-15 MOD 2...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Zane1844 View Post
    KAC with A5 is amazing. I have a Mod1 suppressed with a Surefire and it's the softest shooting AR I've had.
    I’ve been running an A5 on my Mod 2 for quite a while now. It’s smoother for sure

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    My SR15 with QDC wouldn't lock back on Colt 20 round mags. I found out that Colt springs in their 20 rounders are kind of weak. Worked fine with Magpul Gen3. I put an A5 in mine as I do in every gun. There is just nothing like the A5 IMO. Love my SR15 with QDC. Kinda barky but such is life. Without the CAN, the MAMS is a work of art.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    I’d agree, you still have a very light, CHF, light weight with great BUIS, the bolt/extension, etc.

Mod 2 is also much finer tuned. I dunno. I think if your single criteria is soft / smooth shooting - it’s easy to build that out.

They refined the gas block to help with gas leaking, etc. with the traditional design.

I only say this because I feel a gun that didn’t malfunction and manufacturer being maligned that wasn’t contacted if you had an issue. Just seems a bit heavy handed?

God Bless,

Brandon

Feedback Score
    The upper is at Knight’s now. We’ll see what happens

FYI, the A5 + Daniel Defense mid-length shoots softer than the Knight’s mod 2 suppressed and unsuppressed. Perhaps my barrel’s port is too large. We’ll see

Feedback Score
    Knight’s is shipping the upper back. They say the gas system is fine and there are no issues. They did replace the sling studs though for my upper. I will try it again and probably sell it. My DD upper + A5 lower shoots better anyway.

Feedback Score
    I got the upper back via UPS. Will try it again this coming week.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    I got the upper back via UPS. Will try it again this coming week.
    Thank you. Please let us know if you see any difference. I'm curious.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    My DD upper + A5 lower shoots better anyway.
    Please define “shoots better”
    Tnx
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by R0CKETMAN View Post
    Please define “shoots better”
    Tnx
    Smoother cycling, less felt recoil suppressed and unsuppressed. Less gas to the face suppressed. I have not accuracy tested either upper at 100 yards with match grade ammo, but both appear to do well with M855.

I shot the upper over the weekend and the results were the same. I’m going to try the Knight’s upper on my A5 lower next. Otherwise I’ll sell it. I like Knight’s controls. One thought it to install an A5 buffer tube on the Knight’s lower. Might be the best of both worlds.

Feedback Score
    Smoother cycling, less felt recoil suppressed and unsuppressed. Less gas to the face suppressed. I have not accuracy tested either upper at 100 yards with match grade ammo, but both appear to do well with M855.

I shot the upper over the weekend and the results were the same. I’m going to try the Knight’s upper on my A5 lower next. Otherwise I’ll sell it. I like Knight’s controls. One thought it to install an A5 buffer tube on the Knight’s lower. Might be the best of both worlds.
    Thanks for the write up and responses in the thread. Very interesting, and appreciated.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast