Thread: Pistol caliber carbines are winning my soul - and they should win yours too

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    That sounds really good in theory but are you really going to sling up a backpack everywhere you go just to carry something for an engagement that you have about a .000001% chance to be in?

If so, then rock on...For me, they are in the same category as a truck gun where guys think they’ll run out to the parking lot to re-engage an active shooter.

I’m not saying it can’t fill a niche roll or aren’t a fun platform, especially suppressed. But I don’t see it replacing an edc handgun (mine carries 15+1 rds with a 17rd reload btw) on a daily basis.
    You have kids? A wife? Diaper bags go everywhere and an APC9k with a collapsible stock and T1 fits easily inside a Never Full.

It doesn’t replace the EDC handgun. It supplements it.

There are too many people (not you) who immediately think “AGHHH HE SAID PCC. NERD!”

Nah

A PCC doesn’t replace anything. A PCC isn’t deadlier than a 5.56. A PCC isn’t going to take precedence over a handgun on your body.

It’s just another tool in the toolbox.

As far as shooting better with a handgun than a rifle - that’s extremely uncommon. I can go 10/10 on an IPSC with an APC9k at 100 yards in ten seconds. I can’t guarantee that level of performance even from a full size DA/SA handgun.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 05-24-20 at 11:57.