Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Pistol caliber carbines are winning my soul - and they should win yours too

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    Personally, I went with a Scorpion due to the aftermarket support including Magpul magazines and the availability of nearly any accessory/part you may ever need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Scorpion seems like the Glock of the sub gun world these days, the aftermarket support is incredible. I can grab one for $859 right now, that's a lot of mags, ammo and accessories to have cash left over for
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    Guys in the know, I have questions.

I think the CZ Scorpion is my baseline. Is the B&T GHM9 really that much better than the SCorpion? Or should I just save for the APC9 at that point?
    I'm not completely in the know, but here goes: I went with the Scorpion because it was a good baseline to try the PDW/PCC concept, and I wouldn't be out too much if I didn't like it. 700 rounds so far and I like it a lot. I've been grabbing stuff for a second one because I like it enough to want two of them.

Edited to add: it really does seem like the Glock of its market share.
    Last edited by opngrnd; 07-03-20 at 22:13.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I use my scorpion sbr a lot in uspsa and it shreds. It is robust, reliable, and has ubiquity of support in its favor. I can't speak about B&T weapons, but I prefer this much more than my Banshee or 9mm Colt.

https://imgur.com/SDeSxvz
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    Never fired the B&T's so can't vouch for them, although from what I've read they are the shiznit.

That said, I fired my CZ Scorpion yesterday for the first time, just a cursory quickie of only 30 rounds, mainly to test the Franklin binary trigger my buddy put in for me. Talk about cool as fvck! Now for sure it's gonna take some getting used to (i.e. practice) in order to be able to be good like these guys in the YouTube videos but it is indeed schweeeet!

FWIW I got the one with the CZPDW MP-5 style brace with the dual struts. I also have a Vortex Razor RDS on it.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 07-04-20 at 18:43.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

I changed from the Paske Pathfinder pistol grip to the magpul. I should have gone with the magpul in the beginning. The paste grip looked so cheap and flimsy. I have a couple hundred rounds through my set of 35rd magpul mags too. They have been 100% so far. I like them a lot more than the factory ones I have. Lastly I got an absolute co-witness mount for super cheap to try and find the right red dot height for me. Using a low mount it was hard to maintain proper checkweild while shooting from weird positions in a match. Once I figure out my RDS mount situation this will probably be how it sits for a long time as my PCC gun.

EDIT: I almost forgot too add. The Paske grip uses their own pistol grip screw, so of course; I lost my original pistol grip and the screw. I get the magpul grip outa the box and it doesn't come with a screw! So I ended up emailing magpul first asking for a screw. They said: "Use the one that came on the gun!". So, Then I went to the hardware store to try and find a similar screw. Nothing. Went to most of my local gun stores. Nothing. Finally broke down and emailed CZ; explaining how dumb I am. They had lightening fast email responses, and sent me a new screw free of charge under 'warranty'. Overall I couldn't have been happier with CZ's customer service, and that makes me happy after dealing with .... 'other' companies...
    Last edited by turnburglar; 07-06-20 at 11:15.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    The Scorpion, then specifically the Micro, was on my list to pick up for a while.
    Instead, I grabbed a Stribog. As long as this thing runs, I’ll eventually pick up their Short version, as they have to import it eventually. The platform does seem to have some maturing to do still, particularly with mags and non-ball ammo, based on YouTube content.

The braced/stocked standard Stribog and non-Micro Scorpions are just big enough that they feel closer to a (very) small AR than a handgun, though obviously when fold/collapsed, the package is much smaller and still functional. I like mine so far, but acknowledge that at that size (8” or 7.7” barrels), they start to fall short of an ideal, concealable, tiny PCC like the MP5k or the small B&T offerings.
    I am truly curious if anyone has info/links on the Army trials. The Stribog SP9A3s made it through the first downselect, not sure how decisions were made past that point. Specifically, I am curious whether the military had any magazine problems,or if that is just due to the variety of civilian ammunition.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    The Scorpion, then specifically the Micro, was on my list to pick up for a while.
    Instead, I grabbed a Stribog. As long as this thing runs, I’ll eventually pick up their Short version, as they have to import it eventually. The platform does seem to have some maturing to do still, particularly with mags and non-ball ammo, based on YouTube content.

The braced/stocked standard Stribog and non-Micro Scorpions are just big enough that they feel closer to a (very) small AR than a handgun, though obviously when fold/collapsed, the package is much smaller and still functional. I like mine so far, but acknowledge that at that size (8” or 7.7” barrels), they start to fall short of an ideal, concealable, tiny PCC like the MP5k or the small B&T offerings.
    I am truly curious if anyone has info/links on the Army trials. The Stribog SP9A3s made it through the first downselect, not sure how decisions were made past that point. Specifically, I am curious whether the military had any magazine problems,or if that is just due to the variety of civilian ammunition.
    I liked my friends stribog when he had it, but he told me he was having a lot of magazine issues. I'm hearing the A3 mags come steel lipped from the factory.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    To me a PCC is like a shotgun - a niche weapon to have one or two laying around. I don't need anything special, just a Scorpion and a 590A1 - they go bang when you pull the triggers and never give me a hint of trouble.

I'll save the extra cash for other more capable rifles & optics while some go down the Swiss / smooth / sweet rabbit holes for guns poofing out 9MM.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    One of my biggest regrets was selling my Marlin Camp 45. It was extremely picky on mags and ammo, but it was a fun shooter.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post

I changed from the Paske Pathfinder pistol grip to the magpul. I should have gone with the magpul in the beginning. The paste grip looked so cheap and flimsy. I have a couple hundred rounds through my set of 35rd magpul mags too. They have been 100% so far. I like them a lot more than the factory ones I have. Lastly I got an absolute co-witness mount for super cheap to try and find the right red dot height for me. Using a low mount it was hard to maintain proper checkweild while shooting from weird positions in a match. Once I figure out my RDS mount situation this will probably be how it sits for a long time as my PCC gun.

EDIT: I almost forgot too add. The Paske grip uses their own pistol grip screw, so of course; I lost my original pistol grip and the screw. I get the magpul grip outa the box and it doesn't come with a screw! So I ended up emailing magpul first asking for a screw. They said: "Use the one that came on the gun!". So, Then I went to the hardware store to try and find a similar screw. Nothing. Went to most of my local gun stores. Nothing. Finally broke down and emailed CZ; explaining how dumb I am. They had lightening fast email responses, and sent me a new screw free of charge under 'warranty'. Overall I couldn't have been happier with CZ's customer service, and that makes me happy after dealing with .... 'other' companies...
    a few questions for you, how do you like that HB trigger? and is handguard upgrade worth it? Would be mounting a light on it if I went Scorpion. Thanks

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast