Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistol caliber carbines are winning my soul - and they should win yours too

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    It seems minimum effective barrel length is dictated by the cartridge.

Good matches seem to be as follows:

9mm => 4" barrel

300BLK => 8" barrel

556 => 11.5" barrel
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    LWRC's SMG in .45 ACP. I want one, but LAWD it's pricey.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    It seems minimum effective barrel length is dictated by the cartridge.

Good matches seem to be as follows:

9mm => 4" barrel

300BLK => 8" barrel

556 => 11.5" barrel
    With different types of 9mm PCC you can get up to a 7.5" barrel and still have a very small package i,e, mini Uzi. But other than that exception I agree 100% with what you posted.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    Regarding rifles, when you go down to 5,5 inch barrels are around that, you are going to get muzzle blast.

Where with a 5 inch or longer barrel in a PCC you have a pistol going off. Try setting of a round from a very short barrel in a vehicle without ear protection, no fun. Even from a 10.5 or 11.5 inch 5.56 rifle from inside a car, no fun. I have many times fired a mini PCC out from inside a car without the same issues.

I'll go Yoni one better: when you have a PCC with 16 inch barrel, there's much less noise and concussion and flash than even a pistol.

That's why my home defense weapon is a PCC.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    I'll go Yoni one better: when you have a PCC with 16 inch barrel, there's much less noise and concussion and flash than even a pistol.

That's why my home defense weapon is a PCC.
    Valid points, the both of you. I had an ND indoors with 5.56 a few years ago being an idiot with a 16" gun, and it sucked.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    For many of the reasons already mentioned, that’s why I love my APC9Pro.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    And people say a 9mm carbine is "weak." Probably the same people that keep a 9mm handgun for home defense. I can put 20 aimed shots down in 10 seconds. Good medicine for home invaders.

Now, for outside anti riot duty, I would prefer the M4.

But indoors, when the Gangstas drop in, if you whip out a Scorpion, Uzi, Cx4, AR9, Ruger, any of them, even the lowly Sub 2K, you can deal with it.
    Last edited by Uni-Vibe; 06-02-20 at 00:59.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    And people say a 9mm carbine is "weak." Probably the same people that keep a 9mm handgun for home defense. I can put 20 aimed shots down in 10 seconds. Good medicine for home invaders.

Now, for outside anti riot duty, I would prefer the M4.

But indoors, when the Gangstas drop in, if you whip out a Scorpion, Uzi, Cx4, AR9, Ruger, any of them, even the lowly Sub 2K, you can deal with it.
    Sure it is weak compared to a rifle caliber round. But the people who just make a blanket statement like that are probably also the ones who put a single mag through their new bedside Glock 40 and called it good to go.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post
    Sure it is weak compared to a rifle caliber round. But the people who just make a blanket statement like that are probably also the ones who put a single mag through their new bedside Glock 40 and called it good to go.
    So very true.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I agree the PCC’s fit a nice niche in the armamentarium. And the increase accuracy over a pistol is pretty dramatic. 50 yard shot is a lay up.

I really have enjoyed my new APC Pro, fold stock and 20 round mags, backpack or whatever...game on.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast