Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Pistol caliber carbines are winning my soul - and they should win yours too

Feedback Score
    Delete
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 08-01-20 at 12:04.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    To me a PCC is like a shotgun - a niche weapon to have one or two laying around. I don't need anything special, just a Scorpion and a 590A1 - they go bang when you pull the triggers and never give me a hint of trouble.

I'll save the extra cash for other more capable rifles & optics while some go down the Swiss / smooth / sweet rabbit holes for guns poofing out 9MM.
    In my opinion, every firearm need not be a tool for defense. All of my pistol caliber long guns are true SMGs - full-size UZI, MP5-N, and MP5K-N. I would feel comfortable using any as a niche defensive firearm, but in truth they are simply fun range toys.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-GKpTZwwkQ0
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    a few questions for you, how do you like that HB trigger? and is handguard upgrade worth it? Would be mounting a light on it if I went Scorpion. Thanks
    I think the HB trigger is a big improvement over stock. The stock trigger pull is insanely heavy, and bad in my opinion. With HB you only need to buy the trigger spring kit $9-$12? and not the trigger shoe too. I didn't really understand this until I installed the parts. With the HB kit it feels closer to a stock glock trigger, although I would say the stock glock is still a nicer trigger.

I got my scorpion with a longer carbine handguard and the faux suppressor. When I bought mine that was the only way to get it in black with a folding stock. So I bought the paske handguard and a2 flash hider to get my over all length way down. Mounting a light on this gun is kinda hard. I have both x300 and scout style lights and I didn't find a comfortable solution.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Pistol caliber carbines are winning my soul - and they should win yours too

What is everyone using for mag pouches?

I’ve been using some spare tacos but they aren’t the most secure.

I just ordered some savior equipment extended pouches. They are a little bulky and I’m not sure if they’ll last but for the price it’s hard to beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by zombiescometh; 07-14-20 at 11:32.
    "The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary." ~ Clint Smith

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I just picked up a 9mm MPX-K and went to zero a T-1 (1/3 co-witness mount). I am maxed out in elevation and still about 1/2 inch low at 25 yards. Has anyone else encountered this? Thanks for any info in advance.

Other than that one issue, the gun is awesome and I had such a fun time with it.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MGWS View Post
    I just picked up a 9mm MPX-K and went to zero a T-1 (1/3 co-witness mount). I am maxed out in elevation and still about 1/2 inch low at 25 yards. Has anyone else encountered this? Thanks for any info in advance.

Other than that one issue, the gun is awesome and I had such a fun time with it.
    FWIW, that probably means you are zeroed just a few yards past that. Have you considered a different zero? I enjoy having a 50yd zero with my Scorpion, but even a 30 yd zero should serve you well.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    FWIW, that probably means you are zeroed just a few yards past that. Have you considered a different zero? I enjoy having a 50yd zero with my Scorpion, but even a 30 yd zero should serve you well.
    I may have to since I can't adjust the dot any higher. I'm going to throw on a T2 I have on another rifle and see if I have the same issue. If it is then that's just the elevation limitation on the T series and I'll either adjust the zero farther out or go with a lower mounting option.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    What is your height over bore?

I zero all my 9mm PCCs at 75y as that provides the flattest trajectory over the effective range of the gun. I’m not sure they would bottom out if I tried to zero at 25y though.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Agree with the 75 yd zero for 9mm PPCs.
    Pretty much ideal for effective range of 9mm.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    A 25 yard zero is a 75 yard zero. My CZ scorpion is POA POI at 75 and a smudge low at 100. This is all with a 25 yard zero.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast