Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistol caliber carbines are winning my soul - and they should win yours too

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    That looks awesome. Question for you, is it too small? By this i mean is it hard to get out of whatever bag you have it on?
    BEAUTIFUL QUESTION...

No it fits perfectly in my purse.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Some of you guys just don’t understand how small some PCCs are.

10.3” BCM SBR and a B&T APC9k

Even if you put a LAW folder on the AR (which would more than double the thickness) it’s still almost 10” longer than the B&T.

I mean hell, the B&T isn’t much bigger than a G34 and Firefly pocket carries those
    Stop making me want a B&T
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    That looks awesome. Question for you, is it too small? By this i mean is it hard to get out of whatever bag you have it on?
    I never had an issue, with getting it out of the bag I used to carry. I bought this green fabric bag that was like 14" long 6" wide and about 9 " high the top was sewed to form the same shape as the bag and could be fastened down with 2 straps. It had a handle on the top of it and also had a shoulder strap.I carried that bag for 20 years give or take until it fell apart. I have tried to find a replacement ever since with no luck. I used to put spare Uzi mags in the bottom of the bag and put the mini or micro uzi on top of them. Gun and mags were divided by spare keffiyah.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    I have a kind of problem with PCC.
    My doctor says we don't have problems, we have issues...

So speaking of issues. Why would one choose the APC9k over the TP9? If small size is the main objective magazine in the grip is shorter.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post

So speaking of issues. Why would one choose the APC9k over the TP9? If small size is the main objective magazine in the grip is shorter.
    For me, I like the controls on the APC9 better. It feels like a carbine. The TP9 feels like a pistol. Think machine pistol vs submachine gun.

Different roles. Different strokes.

Get both.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post

For me, personally, I wish I could say my choices were based on durability, reputation, experience with the platform, well researched features, specified goals, and were wise choices based on objective data.

The reality is, it’s more like:

On way to range stop at a LGS-
    Hey, is that a camp9? Cool. I’ll take it.

Stop by a LGS after trip to tractor supply,
    That KelTec thing takes Beretta 96 mags, hmmmm....I don’t have a 16 inch barrel for .40, that might be cool.

See a LGS while getting gas on an in state trip-
    What is the little AK thing? You can swap Beretta 92 or Glock 26/19/17/34 mag compatibility? Shut up and take my money.

Pulling 500 bucks out of the wallet for a PCC compatible with the mags of pistols I own randomly now and then, that at worst is going to be something I have not shot before and a neat range toy, is pretty painless. And fun. The reality is some of these are just fun little range toys.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    For me, personally, I wish I could say my choices were based on durability, reputation, experience with the platform, well researched features, specified goals, and were wise choices based on objective data.

The reality is, it’s more like:

On way to range stop at a LGS-
    Hey, is that a camp9? Cool. I’ll take it.

Stop by a LGS after trip to tractor supply,
    That KelTec thing takes Beretta 96 mags, hmmmm....I don’t have a 16 inch barrel for .40, that might be cool.

See a LGS while getting gas on an in state trip-
    What is the little AK thing? You can swap Beretta 92 or Glock 26/19/17/34 mag compatibility? Shut up and take my money.

Pulling 500 bucks out of the wallet for a PCC compatible with the mags of pistols I own randomly now and then, that at worst is going to be something I have not shot before and a neat range toy, is pretty painless. And fun. The reality is some of these are just fun little range toys.
    Lol!

Been there, done that! Why did i buy a S&W M&P 357sig? Because I had a handful of Speer Gold Dot 357sig I got for free. Wasn't even half a LE box

Feedback Score
    I've had a few PCC's and want to love one, but every one has at least one, two, or five things I cant stand.

Pretty much the same with rifles, too.

I shoot pistols alot, occasionally shotgun, rifles dead last.

Feedback Score
    Okay, it's official.....I hate you guys! Just purchased a CZ-USA SCORPION EVO 3 S1 PISTOL (BLACK) WITH SB TACTICAL CZPDW PISTOL BRACE from Modern Warriors. Showed they had one in stock. I didn't want the mini, this one has an almost 8" barrel and I'm good with that.

https://modernwarriors.com/product/c...-pistol-brace/
    Last edited by ABNAK; 05-29-20 at 19:59.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Yoni, you mentioned blast and magazine size as some of the reasons you prefer a pistol caliber to a mini .300blk. Can you elaborate? What made your mind up about short barreled .300blk guns?

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast