Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I want a new Gucci AR lower: Zev AR-15 Billet Receiver Set 5.56mm vs. Noveske Gen 4

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Question I want a new Gucci AR lower: Zev AR-15 Billet Receiver Set 5.56mm vs. Noveske Gen 4

I can't wait much longer for a Noveske Gen 4 lower receiver.
    I personally believe that they are made in the same factory as Zev. (Formerly MEGA)
    I am considering getting a Zev AR-15 Billet Receiver Set 5.56mm.
    It's going to be a SBR with a Noveske upper.
    I am very particular about my AR's and strive for perfection as I imagine it.

I am looking for all opinions on the Zev billet lowers.

I need to get past not having the Noveske label on the lower.

Alternately, it would be cool to have something pretty special like a Zev billet lower.

No matter which lower I would get, it will likely remain a safe queen and may never be fired.

http://www.zevtechnologies.com/556_m...t_receiver_set

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    This post is full of fail.

Your last line really sets the tone for me.

Buy what ever you want, buy an air soft, it doesn’t matter. If you never shoot it, absolutely nothing about ‘quality’ or the resultant functionality makes a damn bit of difference. It becomes a statue not a gun.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Armadillo View Post
    No matter which lower I would get, it will likely remain a safe queen and may never be fired.
    A tube of KY is cheaper...

Feedback Score
    Why would you SBR a lower and never shoot it? I get putting a Registered Magnum or a mint ‘66 Python in a safe, but a dime a dozen chunk of aluminum AR lower?
    But since you asked, I suggest you buy a KAC SR-15, sell the upper to recoup most of your costs, and then stick that in the safe.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I can't wait much longer for a Noveske Gen 4 lower receiver.
    I personally believe that they are made in the same factory as Zev. (Formerly MEGA)
    I am considering getting a Zev AR-15 Billet Receiver Set 5.56mm.
    It's going to be a SBR with a Noveske upper.
    I am very particular about my AR's and strive for perfection as I imagine it.

I am looking for all opinions on the Zev billet lowers.

I need to get past not having the Noveske label on the lower.

Alternately, it would be cool to have something pretty special like a Zev billet lower.

http://www.zevtechnologies.com/556_m...t_receiver_set
    this is dumb

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I only feel the need to shoot one AR that I have.

It is a high end Noveske with all sorts of premium parts and over 5000 rounds from years of classes.

My other AR is a SBR that is a safe queen. I love to handle and look at it.

Lots of people have guns that they just collect and never fire.

I can only shoot one gun at a time so I find no problem to preserving the rest.

I know I am not the only person who likes to collect.

I even see NIB Colt pre bans that come up for sale from time to time.

I would like to discuss the issue at hand which is either to wait for a Noveske Gen 4 lower or to buy a Zev lower now.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I only feel the need to shoot one AR that I have.

It is a high end Noveske with all sorts of premium parts and over 5000 rounds from years of classes.

My other AR is a SBR that is a safe queen. I love to handle and look at it.

Lots of people have guns that they just collect and never fire.

I can only shoot one gun at a time so I find no problem to preserving the rest.

I know I am not the only person who likes to collect.

I even see NIB Colt pre bans that come up for sale from time to time.

I would like to discuss the issue at hand which is either to wait for a Noveske Gen 4 lower or to buy a Zev lower now.
    You're not wrong, but they're typically heirlooms or pieces which left unfired will eventually accumulate value. Take for instance the limited Magpul lowers from 10+ years ago. Those sell for thousands of dollars now when they pop up. You're talking about not being able to wait for a lower you're going to SBR that will never be shot. It's asinine.
    In heavenly love abiding, no change my heart shall fear;
    and safe is such confiding, for nothing changes here:
    the storm may roar without me, my heart may low be laid;
    but God is round about me, and can I be dismayed?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas24 View Post
    You're not wrong, but they're typically heirlooms or pieces which left unfired will eventually accumulate value. Take for instance the limited Magpul lowers from 10+ years ago. Those sell for thousands of dollars now when they pop up. You're talking about not being able to wait for a lower you're going to SBR that will never be shot. It's asinine.
    Regardless if whether it will be shot or not...

Should I keep waiting for the Noveske Gen 4 lowers to come out or should I get a Zev lower now?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If it's going to sit, just wait for what you really want. It's not like you have to have it within a certain amount time for a class or match or some other shooting situation that may come and go. Wait for it, be patient.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Your “Build” will never be worth anything. No one cares for someone else’s frankengun, regardless of the parts used. People build guns to have exactly what they want.

People do buy complete factory guns of significance for collector purposes. Like a Colt. If you want a Noveske upper and like the lower, buy a complete Noveske N4. There may be some hope it would keep its value. Though Noveske is not what it once was.

There is nothing special about the ZEV receiver sets. Their availability is a clue to this.

A complete KAC rifle would also be a decent potential collector piece.

If you want a SBR, buy a factory one. A Form one rifle with your name and address carved into it is worth nothing as a ‘collector piece’.

If you like to take your guns out and stare at them and finger bang them why not take them to the range and do it? It’s way more fun, to actually shoot it.

Your suggestion is on par with taking a model home, getting her naked and not having sex with her. To what?, save her for the next guy? Sounds super lame.
    Last edited by TMS951; 05-24-20 at 17:45.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast