Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I want a new Gucci AR lower: Zev AR-15 Billet Receiver Set 5.56mm vs. Noveske Gen 4

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    It’s almost like you typed the wrong address in the browser or forgot which site you were posting on.
    This really sounds more like a post for SOCNET.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    Based on your criteria... Get the complete Noveske Gen4 factory SBR. Or get the pistol version and form 1 it.

Zev remains to me a mediocrely designed Glock slide company that ruined a solid brand in the buy out.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by officerX View Post
    I can get what you're wanting. (I would probably still shoot it, but I get it.) Personally, I would try to wait for the Noveske. If you can't, I'd get this Mega set.

https://www.primaryarms.com/mega-arm...a-ar15-set-bil
    All of This right here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Personally I don't like how ZEV and Noveske (machined in the same shop) upper receivers have rattly fitting dust covers (at least the forged uppers that I've tried). But, since you're only going to remove it from its' cocoon to fondle it ever so gently, then I guess a rattly fitting dust cover is the least of your problems.
    Last edited by Hammer_Man; 05-26-20 at 11:09.

Feedback Score
    OP, I think you are putting us on. You have taken elements of some individual quirks and combined them into a kinda obsessive-compulsive, band name, safe-queen syndrome.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    If its so special why even get the new noveske. Gen 3 was the sauce!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Armadillo View Post
    I can't wait much longer for a Noveske Gen 4 lower receiver.
    I personally believe that they are made in the same factory as Zev. (Formerly MEGA)
    I am considering getting a Zev AR-15 Billet Receiver Set 5.56mm.
    It's going to be a SBR with a Noveske upper.
    I am very particular about my AR's and strive for perfection as I imagine it.

I am looking for all opinions on the Zev billet lowers.

I need to get past not having the Noveske label on the lower.

Alternately, it would be cool to have something pretty special like a Zev billet lower.

No matter which lower I would get, it will likely remain a safe queen and may never be fired.

http://www.zevtechnologies.com/556_m...t_receiver_set

If you are OCD about your weapons, I have zero problems with it. There are certainly worse thing to obsess about.

I would say to wait for a Noveske billet lower, and the reason is that if you don’t, you are not going to be happy with the mismatched weapon. I think deep inside you already know that a Zev isn’t going to scratch the itch, regardless of them coming off the same machines in the same factory.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    When did Noveske switch over to the same machine shop as Zev? Wasn't SMOS/Stubborn Mule doing there lowers etc?

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoPoweR View Post
    When did Noveske switch over to the same machine shop as Zev? Wasn't SMOS/Stubborn Mule doing there lowers etc?
    They screwed over SMOS after John passed. That was the reason they had the GFY (go f*** yourself) uppers and lowers for sale (noveske gen 3).

All just another reason I feel the Gen 3 was the sauce!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    A little off topic, but are the gen 1 forged receivers made by Mega/Zev as well?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast