Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I want a new Gucci AR lower: Zev AR-15 Billet Receiver Set 5.56mm vs. Noveske Gen 4

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AAMP84 View Post
    A little off topic, but are the gen 1 forged receivers made by Mega/Zev as well?
    Yes, and they both have rattly fitting dust covers.

Feedback Score
    Hey hammer, do the dust covers bother you??

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    Yes, and they both have rattly fitting dust covers.
    Rattly would be nice. Mine doesn’t close to rattle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Armadillo View Post
    I would like to discuss the issue at hand which is either to wait for a Noveske Gen 4 lower or to buy a Zev lower now.
    Source what you want. Don't settle. IMHO buying quality AR's and safe'ing them is a good decision.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I am more comfortable waiting another 6 months to a year for a Noveske Gen 4 lower.

Part of my urgency was due to the election and possibility of a ban.

Due to recent events, I think that will be less likely.

If things go south, however, I might hedge my bets and buy a handful of Noveske Gen 3's.

I realize now that I would rather have a Noveske Gen 3 than a ZEV lower.

In fact, I should have bought some last week direct from Noveske, when they were available.

Gen 3's are available from dealers right now, but I don't want them handled and prefer to buy direct from Noveske.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I am more comfortable waiting another 6 months to a year for a Noveske Gen 4 lower.

Part of my urgency was due to the election and possibility of a ban.

Due to recent events, I think that will be less likely.

If things go south, however, I might hedge my bets and buy a handful of Noveske Gen 3's.

I realize now that I would rather have a Noveske Gen 3 than a ZEV lower.

In fact, I should have bought some last week direct from Noveske, when they were available.

Gen 3's are available from dealers right now, but I don't want them handled and prefer to buy direct from Noveske.

I think that is a good choice. You remind me quite a bit of a buddy of mine. Of course it’s entirely possible that you are that buddy and that I just forgot your user name. If so, feel free to shoot me a text and let me know how things are going, and I hope you are well.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I think that is a good choice. You remind me quite a bit of a buddy of mine. Of course it’s entirely possible that you are that buddy and that I just forgot your user name. If so, feel free to shoot me a text and let me know how things are going, and I hope you are well.
    I just picked up 3 Gen 3's. That will hold me over till the Gen 4's come out.

I called up Zev today. The lady who answered said that they don't make Noveske. I don't believe it since they are so close to Noveske by location.

My contact at Noveske said that he basically does not want to tell me who makes them. I respect that and did not push the issue.

I'm sure he realizes that die hard AR folks obsess at everything and we want to know. Making it public could complicate business though.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    I just picked up 3 Gen 3's. That will hold me over till the Gen 4's come out.

I called up Zev today. The lady who answered said that they don't make Noveske. I don't believe it since they are so close to Noveske by location.

My contact at Noveske said that he basically does not want to tell me who makes them. I respect that and did not push the issue.

I'm sure he realizes that die hard AR folks obsess at everything and we want to know. Making it public could complicate business though.
    I'm pretty sure the forged Gen 1 receivers are made by ZEV, they look identical aside from roll marks. The Gen 3 receivers have had at least two or three different shops manufacturing them from what I've been told, one of which was SMOS early on.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Noveske has multiple weapon manufacturing facilities within 10 minutes of their location which could churn out upper and lower billet receivers and are licensed to do so.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    What a sad fate for the once proud, classy, iconic fashion house Gucci. Now associated with bling.
    It's great for a handgun and my first interest in it was after playing call of duty with the lil red dot that look like the rmr.
    from TOS

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast