Thread: UE07 / Modlight issue

Feedback Score

UE07 / Modlight issue

Every time the rifle sits, the light wont work.
    Twisting the head, wiggling the switch, knocking on the whole setup gets it working, and it works fine until it sits again. Am I doing something wrong, anything to check before contacting the vendor?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Every time the rifle sits, the light wont work.
    Twisting the head, wiggling the switch, knocking on the whole setup gets it working, and it works fine until it sits again. Am I doing something wrong, anything to check before contacting the vendor?
    It's most likely the UE07. I've had my share of similar problems. Make sure it's on super tight. If you want to fix it for good - pick up a DS00 switch.

*** The modlite FB group is a great resource. Cory (Modlite CEO) is a very active participant.
    Last edited by boomer223; 05-24-20 at 17:41.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I can't imagine waking up to someone kicking my front door open only to discover my weapon mounted light I paid $300+ for didn't work. Glad I've never had an issue with any of my $120 Streamlight ProTac HL-X.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

UE07 / Modlight issue

Quote Originally Posted by Robisten8 View Post
    I can't imagine waking up to someone kicking my front door open only to discover my weapon mounted light I paid $300+ for didn't work. Glad I've never had an issue with any of my $120 Streamlight ProTac HL-X.

This post reminds me of a saying.
    “Read more post less”

This thread is about an issue with using a UE07 switch with a modlite which it also states in the title and the first post. And if anyone knows what the possible issue could be and possible solutions.

I also doubt they are using a light that has issues on their current hd firearm.

For the op does this switch work correctly with other lights?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by zombiescometh; 05-24-20 at 19:58.
    "The most important rule in a gunfight is: Always win and cheat if necessary." ~ Clint Smith

Feedback Score
    Couple things...
    1. Isolated issue to the head
    2. The issue has been since day 1 - test your equipment before relying in it - i dont care who makes it
    3. Checked modlite faq, seems the head spring can cause issues, tried fixing it with the wrong tool and smashed the spring... but it seems to be working
    4. I have an email in to modlite for a replacement since they dont sell the springs on their site, but look to be user serviceable. Ill update when I get a response.

Edit- they are sending a new spring. Light is still working since tightening the current one.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 05-25-20 at 14:16.

Feedback Score
    I would not discount that it could be an issue with the head. My original OKW head is flawless, I mean perfect after a lot of rounds and riding around in vehicles. However I have had issues with 2(possibly 3) newer heads. The springs are different, Led's are different, and the insulation is less clean on the newer ones. Modlite has excellent customer service but I'm on try number 4 resolving this issue and yesterday I got another flicker/dead light without a tap. I fear for a company that experiences this rapid of growth. It's not unheard of to be let down by suppliers. I really like the company so I have been hesitant to post anything about this.

Also if you are trying to eliminate that it is a switch issue you can run the light with a screwdriver as per their trouble shooting page. No tailcap or switch. They recommend this for discovering a faulty switch but is also can eliminate that as the issue.
    Last edited by Fastcat; 05-26-20 at 08:49.

Feedback Score
    Final update: So after testing it for a couple weeks, tightening the spring fixed it.
    They sent me a new spring no charge even though I smashed it. Im going to wait till I change the battery to replace the spring since its working right now.

Problem solved, modlite cs took care of me.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Final update: So after testing it for a couple weeks, tightening the spring fixed it.
    They sent me a new spring no charge even though I smashed it. Im going to wait till I change the battery to replace the spring since its working right now.

Problem solved, modlite cs took care of me.

Bumping this up as I have a new PLH head with the spring issue and they’re sending the replacement part. I can’t seem to screw or remove the spring as it seems soldered on. Can you or anyone with same experiences shared how to remove the spring and install the new one?

Feedback Score
    Ill check when I get home, but i think it was just screwed in.... it has threads at the bottom.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ill check when I get home, but i think it was just screwed in.... it has threads at the bottom.

EDITED 7.29.23 - FIGURED OUT how to do this, if anyone needs help or have issues reach out and I’ll assist. And thanks again op for this post

Thanks very much, my PLH head is a 2023 production and the spring is just soldered down. No way to screw it.

Strangely these were their instructions as well:

“ Once you receive the new spring, You simply unscrew the screw in the head retaining the old spring in place. You can clip the old spring with a pair of precision wire cutters. The new spring that you'll receive is a spring+screw soldered assembly that you'll install either with precision pliers or by pinching it with your pointer and thumb and firmly tightening it into place. ”

Much appreciated..
    Last edited by hk91308; 07-29-23 at 20:33.