Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wierd Malfunction with Colt CM762-16S 308 Rifle

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Feedback Score
    i don’t think it’s the same. i believe the retaining pin for the ar10 is a little longer. i thought BCM had them but i could’ve been wrong . i would NOT use a cotter pin though.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Yes, it will work. The Colt BCG for their AR10 and AR15 use the same retaining pin.

Good luck.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    if that’s the case i stand humbly corrected.

Feedback Score
    76 (100%)
    I came here legitimately scared to see one of these beautiful rifles destroyed. I'm glad that I did not have to see that.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I had the exact same thing happen with the same rifle in the first 20 rounds.
    I found the problem at the range and replaced it on the spot. I ran 20 more rounds and haven’t shot it since.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ssgjason View Post
    I found the problem at the range and replaced it on the spot. I ran 20 more rounds and haven’t shot it since.
    That is so strange to think such a part could be an issue with COLT for Gods sake. I might replace mine for grins now that two have taken a shit.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ssgjason View Post
    Really? Surprised someone else had this issue.

My rifle had quite a few more rounds on it than yours (maybe in the 600 range?) but still the same issue.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Checked mine, only has 230 rounds of PPU M80 through it but the FPRP looked fine and nicely in place.

Will continue to pay more attention to it but hopefully these 2 instances were just bad or improperly installed pins.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Checked mine, only has 230 rounds of PPU M80 through it but the FPRP looked fine and nicely in place.

Will continue to pay more attention to it but hopefully these 2 instances were just bad or improperly installed pins.
    Agreed, gotta wonder if they jacked them in there all effed up somehow??

PB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12