Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I need a good pistol belt

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

I need a good pistol belt

I need a good pistol belt. Something suited to jeans or shorts. I want something solid.

The main thing I care about is I want the holster and mags to stay put when I draw.

Don't care about EDC. Will only be worn when I go shooting. I'm looking for solid utility.

I'm open to all the ---you might want to consider this feature-- comments. I'm open to multiple pistols scenario which is a reality. IOW, if I have to buy multiple belts.

Fit, adjust ability, rigidity, comfort. I'm not going to say price doesn't matter but it's a belt so that's not on the table.

Oh, and it has to make me look good while shooting straighter and faster.

1911 and VP9 would be what it carries. If I could stick a.38 snub or Ruger .22lr on it that's a plus.

Wait times... I can live with.
    Consistent quality... a desired

Some color choices but black always works.

Not sure what else to offer or ask. I just need a good belt that doesn't bend, flop, etc..

Also added points if anyone has a good casual dress belt suggestion. Not fancy dress but not obviously tactical looking.

Feedback Score
    If it's strictly for shooting, maybe something from Double Alpha? Lot of competition guys use them, though they're so thick that mag pouch and holster attachment compatibility suffers. I've also seen a lot of BladeTech belts out at USPSA.

I personally use an old Ares Gear Ranger Belt when I do competition, could still look at them.

For an EDC belt that could also support a gun, how about something like the Magpul belts? Double Alpha also has an IDPA-centric belt that might work, since it has a leather shell.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    I have always liked blue alpha gear. They have a few options for range belts. 1.75 or 2" with it without molle

Great customer service and products

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Thanks guys. I'll check these out. Couple of brands I have never heard of. Been a long time since I bought a belt.

EDIT: BTW.... on those Cobra Buckles. I have always understood them to be super secure but was at a store a while back and there were some belts with the Cobra Buckle. I was just barely touching both "wings" and the buckle would pop right apart. I wasn't wearing the belt, just holding it. What am I missing here? It actually seemed like it would be dangerously easy to unlatch it.

ETA: The Blue Alpha --- Any experience with the two versions of the "inner belt". The basic overlap vs the "edc" foldback type.

ETA:
    how about something like the Magpul belts?
    Thanks, yes, that's what I need too for EDC. I didn't realize they made dress belts.
    Last edited by tb-av; 05-25-20 at 15:13.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Get the edc. Using the leverage from the buckle is so much better. I have used both styles. I have two of the EDC’s. One velcro lined for micro molle belts and on plain one for every day use.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Take a look at the Ares Aegis enhanced belt. Easily/infinitely adjustable, a variety of color options, buckle engraving options, 5 week max lead time according to their site. A well spent $110 IMHO. There are some size/color combinations currently in stock.

I've been using the standard (non-enhanced) Aegis for EDC for several years and it is rock solid for Appendix carry (Shield), two extra mags, keys, flashlight, pepper spray, K-bar TDI, plus the stuff in my pockets. I like it better than the cobra buckle version because it's easier to thread through belt loops, and it's easy to adjust on the fly. After over 5 years it has maintained its shape and is as stiff as ever. The enhanced version is ever stouter, with a bit more thickness.
    Honor Necessity

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadelic View Post
    Take a look at the Ares Aegis enhanced belt. Easily/infinitely adjustable, a variety of color options, buckle engraving options, 5 week max lead time according to their site. A well spent $110 IMHO. There are some size/color combinations currently in stock.

I've been using the standard (non-enhanced) Aegis for EDC for several years and it is rock solid for Appendix carry (Shield), two extra mags, keys, flashlight, pepper spray, K-bar TDI, plus the stuff in my pockets. I like it better than the cobra buckle version because it's easier to thread through belt loops, and it's easy to adjust on the fly. After over 5 years it has maintained its shape and is as stiff as ever. The enhanced version is ever stouter, with a bit more thickness.
    I actually “downgraded” from the Ares to the Blue Alpha. The buckle didn’t play well with EDC (I refuse to move my buckle from 12 o’clock”. The BA is every bit as supportive as the Ares. It’s that good.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    I’ve been using a belt by Esstac. https://www.esstac.com/product-page/...-intro-offer-1

It’s not bad. Wasn’t super expensive. I like their mag pouches so I figured I’d give the belt a try. This is my dedicated range belt and tactical operations belt. Loaded with holster, two pistol mags, two rifle mags. Have had it about a year.

For everyday carry I can’t recommend enough a belt from Volund Gearworks. http://store.volundgearworks.com/ind...hook-belt.html

This belt will also double to comfortably carry holsters, mag pouches or whatever else you need. I’ve had it for over 5 years, I wear it just about everyday, have worn it for classes, and operations. Will do everything but rappel. It’s very rigid, in the kind and loving way.

Feedback Score
    I like the inner/outer set up for a range belt. It is 1.75 so fits a lot of pouches etc better. You only thread the inner belt through pant loops. It is really secure when on.

A nice thing with the 2 belt setup from Blue Alpha gear is you can upgrade the inner belt to the low profile carry belt for a few more buck and wear it independently for carry if you want

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I wear my Comp-Tac contour cut leather belt EVERYWHERE. Probably screams "PACKIN'," but I don't care. You might like their other belts as well.

https://comp-tac.com/gun-belts/
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast