Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I need a good pistol belt

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    I like the inner/outer set up for a range belt. It is 1.75 so fits a lot of pouches etc better. You only thread the inner belt through pant loops. It is really secure when on.

A nice thing with the 2 belt setup from Blue Alpha gear is you can upgrade the inner belt to the low profile carry belt for a few more buck and wear it independently for carry if you want
    I'm really liking that Blue Alpha so far. Right now they don't have any regular Cobra Buckles, only D ring style. Which would be ok with me. It looks like it folds out pretty flat and I don't think I would attach anything right there where it sits. It only adds $12. So far though I really like what I'm seeing in that 1.75 Molle version.

The old belt I have which is now way too small was a double belt system too, which I do like a lot.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    I'm really liking that Blue Alpha so far. Right now they don't have any regular Cobra Buckles, only D ring style. Which would be ok with me. It looks like it folds out pretty flat and I don't think I would attach anything right there where it sits. It only adds $12. So far though I really like what I'm seeing in that 1.75 Molle version.

The old belt I have which is now way too small was a double belt system too, which I do like a lot.
    I think it would be a good choice.

BTW their customer service is also excellent if that matters to you. My wife ordered me a belt in the wrong size one time and i noticed it on the shipping confirmation they sent. The belt was already in transit, but they sent the correct size out right away and sent a return label for when the wrong sized one arrived. I was pretty impressed with that.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Is Blue Alpha ever known for discount codes, sales, etc.? Like Fathers Day, 4th of July?

I signed up to email list in hopes of a "first time customer" code or something.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    My stuff is Esstac - belt & KYWI pouches. I like it pretty well. Mine isn't really a competition belt, not really a war belt. Just what is handy and comfortable for me. Could be either, but I just consider it range gear & sounds like would be very similar to what you are describing.

I use Safariland ALS holsters with the QLS system. That mounts right to CompTac holsters for stuff there is no ALS like a CZ Shadow. That's a great system for multiple guns.

Biggest issue you're going to run into is your single stack 1911 mags vs your double stack VP9 et. al. mags. You could simply run 4 mag carriers, 2 for single 2 for double, but otherwise I don't know of a good mag carrier that is flexible enough for both a 1911 mag and a double stack 9mm or .40. Depends on what you're looking for out of them I guess. Something like Tactical Tailor double pistol mag pouch might work if you can tolerate a velcro flap.
    I can drink a quart of monkey and still stand still...

Feedback Score
    Another vote for the Ares Gear Aegis Enhanced belt. I've been wearing mine about 5 years now and love it. I wish I would have found it sooner.
    They are not cheap but quality never is.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    http://store.volundgearworks.com

I wear the 2 inch duty belt at work and a 1.75 g-hook belt everyday.

I’m a fan
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    ---
    If not me, then who?

Feedback Score
    Wilderness Tactical Products, Phoenix, AZ

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tb-av View Post
    Is Blue Alpha ever known for discount codes, sales, etc.? Like Fathers Day, 4th of July?

I signed up to email list in hopes of a "first time customer" code or something.
    No idea about discount codes, but if you check out other people's stuff and really zero in on what's perfect for you, you only buy it once - but Esstac, Blue Force Gear, HSGI, etc...the stuff is kind of expensive for what it is, so definitely try before you buy as practical.

Also on the cobra buckle....that's what I have as well, just know up front if you haven't used before, they don't pass thru belt loops. At least no kind of pants I have. So you do an inner/outer belt type deal, leave the belt & pants assembled (launder only when you must), or you spend a LOT of time getting dressed undoing and redoing one of the buckles to thread the belt thru your pants, setting length, putting keepers back, etc. I'm sure all belts are different, but my 1.75" Esstac belt is a PIA to get on/off of the cobra buckle. It's almost an interference fit and honestly I would just put it up if my only option was to remove a buckle, thread thru pants, reinstall buckle, adjust length...then undo all that at end of the day. The inner/outer setup isn't without drawbacks - for example, I'm about ruining 1 more under armor tech tee shirt with the scratchy side of the velcro belt away form mrs CMV going apesh-t. But that's about the only practical way mine works - wear the inner belt with any pants, put on the outer belt with all the stuff attached and they velcro together.

For what you're describing, I'd almost just say a simple Rigger's belt (I'm old, I think they call them Instructor's Belts nowadays), and then whatever holster + mag pouches you like. That would be simplest & meet your criteria.

No idea what part of VA you are, but if you're down my way (Winston-Salem area, appx 100 mi south of Wytheville), you're welcome to try my stuff out & see if you like it. If you're not a fat F--k like me, I have an older stiff nylon pistol belt from when I was LEO about 100 yrs ago.....It's completely serviceable, but probably goes to a 32-33" waist max so no use to me.
    I can drink a quart of monkey and still stand still...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by delta6 View Post
    Wilderness Tactical Products, Phoenix, AZ
    IMO, my The Wilderness Titanium Instructor Belt is not rigid enough to be used specifically as a range/competition belt; the Titanium version by default comes with the 5 stitch on the 1.5" belt, so if you go that route, I would advise the CSM on the 1.5" version, perhaps a 5 stitch 1.75" would be stiff enough. I do love it as an EDC belt, though, have been using it for over 10 years and the only thing I've had to do is replace the hook (still rocking the original loop).
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 05-30-20 at 00:24.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    https://armourbelts.com/
    FWIW I got several belts from them and they are good people with good products and superb quality. Not strictly tactical, but they got sturdy dress belts, too.
    Last edited by Revierler; 05-30-20 at 09:19.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast