Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Did Glock fix the problems with the G44?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Did Glock fix the problems with the G44?

I saw all the reviews and videos of broken slides etc when the gun was first released but can’t find any new information. Nothing since January/February.

I want to pick one up to have fun in the back yard but am not sure if the QA/QC problems have been resolved.

Anyone with new experience?
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I’ve been wondering the same. There’s a thread on P-F with people updating round counts, several over 2-4k IIRC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I bought one when they came out and have been shooting it weekly, so no issues. Didn't even know there were issues, so now I need to go investigate. Luckily Glock is right down the road from me.

Feedback Score

Did Glock fix the problems with the G44?

Quote Originally Posted by ndmiller View Post
    I bought one when they came out and have been shooting it weekly, so no issues. Didn't even know there were issues, so now I need to go investigate. Luckily Glock is right down the road from me.
    I’m in the same boat. Bought mine when they were first available / first announced. I’m about 2000 rnds in... definitely prefers CCI SV and Federal Automatch but it’s been running fine with some really dirty 1950’s Peters target too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I picked one up a couple of weeks ago. I have shot it twice and put 550 rounds through it.

I had a lot of trouble with the slide lock at first. I could not pull it down to get the slide off the frame. It would stick down on one side. I lubed and worked it and it got a little better but I still could not work it like I should have been able. I popped it out, wiped it down, lubed it up, and re-installed. After that it works great. Maybe there was a piece of junk in there?

I had some feeding issues but I looked at how the rounds were sitting in the mags. When you first start loading the mags the rounds are pointed up. By the time I got ten rounds in the top round is pointing down. Once I got all ten rounds in the mag I would hold the mag upside down and release some of the tension on it. Sometimes I would have to give it a little shake. This would get all the rounds pointing up. Once I started doing this I stopped having any issues.

450 rounds were Aguila Super Extra High Velocity aka Mexican Mini Mags. The gun shoots these well and they seem to group decent. I am not the best with a pistol so take that with a grain of salt.

The other 100 rounds were Aguila Super Extra. They functioned 100%. You can feel the difference between the two. I ran them back to back and it seemed the Aguila Super Extra High Velocity grouped a little better.

I put a Vickers mag release and Streamlight TLR-7 on it so it is set up just like my G19.5. I also put the Vickers base plates on the mags, just like the G19 mags. I put an Ameriglo Pro I dot rear and a XS sights front on it. I had these sights as I had been running them on one of my other guns for years.

Out of the box my trigger was very stiff. It definitely had a Glock trigger but too stiff. I want the trigger to match my G19.5's stock trigger. I have been playing around with some parts and have some more on the way. Once I get the final combo worked out I will post more info on that.

I also ordered a "thug plug" from the Glock Store. It is a brass weight that installs as a grip plug. IMO the gun needs more weight to it to feel closer to my G19. YMMV.

To me, the main reason for buying this gun is a cheaper training tool to use to become more proficient with my large r caliber Glocks. If I want to try to shoot the tightest groups I can with a .22 pistol I would use my Ruger MKIII. The problem with shooting the MKIII is that it does not help me when it comes to shooting my G19.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post

To me, the main reason for buying this gun is a cheaper training tool to use to become more proficient with my large r caliber Glocks. If I want to try to shoot the tightest groups I can with a .22 pistol I would use my Ruger MKIII. The problem with shooting the MKIII is that it does not help me when it comes to shooting my G19.
    Same. With ammo prices spiked due to the Wu Tang Flu, I may as well get some use out of the several thousand .22 I have. I got a CMMG AR conversion kit, just trying to round it out.

Thank you for the review.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Is anyone having POI issues?
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    I was looking into this model, and hadn’t heard about this - thanks for the heads up.

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score
    I had almost pulled the trigger and bought one until I watched Hickok45's video. It wasn't the performance of the gun as much as what is the benefit of it for training. I have a Ruger MK II and the Colt Walther 1911 22 that I seldom shoot. I bought the Colt 1911 22 because at the time I was carrying a 1911 in 45 but without the recoil I don't think it is a good training option, just dry fire what you have.

https://youtu.be/UPNWsf5LbX4

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    You had a hard time mastering a 1911?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast