Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Did Glock fix the problems with the G44?

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    You had a hard time mastering a 1911?
    No, why do you ask, I had been shooting 45 1911's for 50 years, it wasn't about mastering a 1911. Mastering the Glock 19 was more difficult because of only shooting 1911's

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by P2Vaircrewman View Post
    Mastering the Glock 19 was more difficult because of only shooting 1911's
    I started with a G19 and moved into a 1911 and had the same difficulty. After shooting glocks for decades, the triggers were known and perfect for me. Then the 1911 had no mush or wall or creep or stacking without the rubbery reset, so took some time to dry fire and learn the trigger along with the safety within the draw.

Going from a 1911 triggers to a glock would be worth videotaping the first range session funny.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Bought one yesterday.
    Shot 200 rounds of CCI MiniMag today. No issues other than one FTF due to (I believe) the last round (first one shot) was inserted improperly at the top of that mag.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I bought one. I have 800 rounds on it so far. Not an issue. It runs with a broad array of .22 ammo.....550 Federal Bulk packs, Aguila SV, Remington Golden Shower, Winchester 333/555, Federal 510, CCI Mini Mags, CCI Blasers, Federal Automatch....The only thing it does not run with is subsonics of any kind. Otherwise, it runs great.

It dang sure runs a lot better than the Advantage Arms .22 Glock Conversion slide I had mounted on a dedicated frame for years. That thing flat sucked! It ran about 3 kinds of ammo 95% and hated nearly everything else. I tweaked and tweaked on it for years. Was SOOOOOO glad to get rid of it when the 44 Came out.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    I think the G44 is great for teaching my 13 year old daughter. I also bought her a S&W M&P 15-22 for rifle training. When she's comfortable with these, we can give her the heavier recoil of the 9mm and 5.56.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatdog View Post
    I think the G44 is great for teaching my 13 year old daughter. I also bought her a S&W M&P 15-22 for rifle training. When she's comfortable with these, we can give her the heavier recoil of the 9mm and 5.56.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Exactly. I bought an M&P 15 for my boys and the run an AR15 like operators. I know for a fact that one of the rifles we have has over 17,000 rounds on it. That's a lot of trigger presses, reloads, sight pictures....
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by P2Vaircrewman View Post
    I had almost pulled the trigger and bought one until I watched Hickok45's video. It wasn't the performance of the gun as much as what is the benefit of it for training. I have a Ruger MK II and the Colt Walther 1911 22 that I seldom shoot. I bought the Colt 1911 22 because at the time I was carrying a 1911 in 45 but without the recoil I don't think it is a good training option, just dry fire what you have.

https://youtu.be/UPNWsf5LbX4
    I have the highest regard for Hickok45 but my G44 runs flawlessly and I find it is great training aid for shooting my G17 and G19.

Feedback Score
    Mine has about 5000 rounds thru it. I bought about 4 months ago?????? Its runs pretty flawless. Only issues I had was 10 year old 22lr ammo that would not fire (not the guns fault) and once in a while, it will choke with crappy, subpar ammo. The federal 325 round packs of 22 runs flawless thru them.

Overall, I am very impressed. Just wished they made 15 round mags. Oh, and it gets DIRTY!!!!! that rimfire powder is super fine and finds its way into everything.
    Last edited by robbins290; 11-29-21 at 14:25. Reason: Grammer

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by robbins290 View Post
    Overall, I am very impressed. Just wished they made 15 round mags.
    I just picked one up about a month ago - my local Air Force Base Exchange had a great Black Friday sale on it for $291 with a couple compounding discounts. I had been looking at a Ruger Mk IV for teaching my kids but couldn't pass on the G44 at that price. Part of my motivation was that my wife has arthritis and doesn't enjoy shooting 9mm, but she liked shooting this pistol and might actually spend some more time at the range as a result.

I've only put 300 rounds of CCi AR Tactical through it in two range trips. It functioned smoothly except for two misfeeds where the slide rode over the round and pinned it against the feed ramp, denting the case a bit. One of those happened with a Promag 18-round magazine that I bought to try out. I have never in my life paid money for a Promag product of any kind, or even used on, but I read on a couple forums and online articles that these magazines are actually pretty decent, probably because they're so simple in design. They pretty much copied the Glock design except for having a smaller follower that allows it to be depressed lower in the magazine to accept more rounds. Several reviews recommended only loading them to 15 rounds, which both improves reliability and mimics that G19's capacity for training purposes. That's what I did with mine, and I had the one misfeed on the second round of my first magazine load, and then it worked fine for four more loads of 15 each. I had the one other misfeed with a factory mag, but other than that, the G44 functioned fine.

Mine definitely has a stiff trigger with the sharpest break I've ever seen on a Glock. Almost feels like something is literally snapping in half - much harder and sharper than the "carrot" or "icicle" that people use to describe something like a Geissele trigger. However, when firing live rounds (as opposed to dry firing), it feels fine.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Is anyone having POI issues?
    Since I posted this, a buddy and I got a couple of these. We are having no issues. I can reliably hit B/C steel at 80 yards and I domed a squirrel yesterday (much closer). It does shoot a couple inches higher with a can.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast