Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Razor Gen 3...

Feedback Score

Razor Gen 3...

I saw the last gen III 1-10x24.

Do you think that in few weeks we have to expect the complete renew of the razor series?
    I am interested to buy the gen II 4-27x56.
    Should I expect a while?

Bye

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    No. They released that model this year and the -e models were only a year or so ago. Aside from a -e style weight reduction, I don’t know what they could do with that or the 3-15/18 scopes. Reticles and glass are good so nothing to update there. I’d say 2021 at the earliest for anything new.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    If it's the scope you want, with the reticle you want, just buy it. There are plenty of options out there if it isn't.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    No. They released that model this year and the -e models were only a year or so ago. Aside from a -e style weight reduction, I don’t know what they could do with that or the 3-15/18 scopes. Reticles and glass are good so nothing to update there. I’d say 2021 at the earliest for anything new.
    I bought my -E in OCT of 2018 so they've been out closer to two years. The Vipers were revamped quite a bit in the last year or two and the Strike Eagles were just updated so I've also been wondering if all of the Vortex offerings are getting an update. Even the Crossfire RDS got some new capabilities.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Many thanks for the reply.

Due my pour english language can you explain to me what do you mean with "-E" option?

I can't find any explanation in

https://vortexoptics.com/vortex-razo...tex_reticle=21

Thanks again.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by overlookh View Post
    Many thanks for the reply.

Due my pour english language can you explain to me what do you mean with "-E" option?

I can't find any explanation in

https://vortexoptics.com/vortex-razo...tex_reticle=21

Thanks again.
    Referring to the evolution to the 1-6 HD Gen 2 to HD-E Gen 2. Same scope but significantly lighter.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    This situation is a good example of why I appreciate it when companies keep their discontinued products listed on their websites. It's nice being able to look up not just current products, but also older products. We buy and sell used optics, so this situation arises fairly often.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    Referring to the evolution to the 1-6 HD Gen 2 to HD-E Gen 2. Same scope but significantly lighter.
    Sorry if I hijack the thread. How did they make the E lighter while retaining all the features/capabilities/ruggedness? Why didn't they do that from the start? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by arken View Post
    Sorry if I hijack the thread. How did they make the E lighter while retaining all the features/capabilities/ruggedness? Why didn't they do that from the start? Thanks.
    I can’t say specifically but generally it was overbuilt one the first place. Like a lot. Scale some of that back a little while still maintaining a great durability standard and you get the -E.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by arken View Post
    I believe it was using aluminum in the turret housing construction vs brass on the original, which saved ~4oz.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast