Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Razor Gen 3...

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    You running it with an offset RDS? Looking for opinions to see if adding on a badger j-arm with a micro red dot would be worth it.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    You running it with an offset RDS? Looking for opinions to see if adding on a badger j-arm with a micro red dot would be worth it.
    That’s exactly what I’m running. I had a vortex crossfire paired with my 1-6 Razor but figured I’d try one of the Holosuns with this one. I like it quite a bit but as soon as Badger releases the ring replacement to mount it on top, I’m going to try that. The offset RDS obviously adds a good amount of bulk to the gun and it’s only usable with my right hand. I’m hoping the top mounted RDS will be a better ambi solution that’ll also be easier to store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    That’s exactly what I’m running. I had a vortex crossfire paired with my 1-6 Razor but figured I’d try one of the Holosuns with this one. I like it quite a bit but as soon as Badger releases the ring replacement to mount it on top, I’m going to try that. The offset RDS obviously adds a good amount of bulk to the gun and it’s only usable with my right hand. I’m hoping the top mounted RDS will be a better ambi solution that’ll also be easier to store.

Didnt know they were coming out with the top mount. This is going to make alot of people with NODs happy.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Glad to hear positive reports about the Razor III coming out.

I may take the plunge in the fall after the craze dies down and more people have time behind them. Plus in the fall I'll actually be able to enjoy shooting it (heat / humidity here in the summer).

Not sure what I'll put it on yet, as I'm happy with the NX8 on my two 16" AR15s and my CM762 is setup for more of a precision shooter with an NXS 2.5-10x42. Maybe on the SCAR 17, or maybe I'll just find a cheap Razor II for that.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Glad to hear positive reports about the Razor III coming out.

I may take the plunge in the fall after the craze dies down and more people have time behind them. Plus in the fall I'll actually be able to enjoy shooting it (heat / humidity here in the summer).

Not sure what I'll put it on yet, as I'm happy with the NX8 on my two 16" AR15s and my CM762 is setup for more of a precision shooter with an NXS 2.5-10x42. Maybe on the SCAR 17, or maybe I'll just find a cheap Razor II for that.
    I go back and forth on which gun to put it on. Right now it’s on a 12.5 hodge as that’s now my primary so it makes sense as a very capable optic. But I need to shoot groups and find a chrono to compare it against my 14.5 KAC Mod 2 because that could be equally deserving, if not moreso.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    On max zoom and 8x, how is the eyebox on this compared to the AccuPower 1-8? Got to look through a Vortex and it was mounted on a weird setup so it was hard to tell, but it still seemed like the AccuPower had the better eyebox for me.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I go back and forth on which gun to put it on. Right now it’s on a 12.5 hodge as that’s now my primary so it makes sense as a very capable optic. But I need to shoot groups and find a chrono to compare it against my 14.5 KAC Mod 2 because that could be equally deserving, if not moreso.

I really wanna find out from you regarding the 14.5 mod 2 vs Hodges 12.4

I do have a RG3 still on 14.5 mod 2. Gotta said I’m not the biggest fan for such set up

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torquetard View Post
    On max zoom and 8x, how is the eyebox on this compared to the AccuPower 1-8? Got to look through a Vortex and it was mounted on a weird setup so it was hard to tell, but it still seemed like the AccuPower had the better eyebox for me.
    It's a little tight on 10x. Not terrible though, plus you can dial it back to 8x. I haven't done a lot of testing with it yet, but this weekend I should.

The only downside I'm seeing is that the translucent reticle doesn't work well for me. When shooting groups it nearly vanishes, to the point that I use the illumination to see it.

That has only been an issue shooting paper, when on steel it works great. I also have been using NRA targets with black centers, and Shoot-NC.
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    Hey guys, I'm looking at this scope now. For the guys that have their 1-6s, how often did you want the 10x or found the 1-6 reticle too simple?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zane1844 View Post
    It's a little tight on 10x. Not terrible though, plus you can dial it back to 8x. I haven't done a lot of testing with it yet, but this weekend I should.

The only downside I'm seeing is that the translucent reticle doesn't work well for me. When shooting groups it nearly vanishes, to the point that I use the illumination to see it.

That has only been an issue shooting paper, when on steel it works great. I also have been using NRA targets with black centers, and Shoot-NC.
    Couldn't you just adjust your zero so you hold on the lines?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast